Lenni arriving today

I agree breath...and take a nap today, before it gets here..it will be your last one for a few weeks, months, years.;):P Someone is always around should you get into a snag, but as Heidi said, the directions on putting this together should be enough.

Happy sewing....and oh, you should stock up on your favoite caffine beverage...ya will need it for those long nights that "you have just one more row to do...and this one is done"...syndrome...:P;):P

I agree, just relax. It is not that difficult to put together and doesn\'t really take all that much time. The manual is very clear and walks you through every step. It includes lots of pictures.

You can also really rely on this forum. Every one is so helpful and will jump in if you need it.

Good luck, happy quilting. You will have so much fun. Oh, once you get your machine all set up, don\'t be afraid of it. Just put on a practice peice and go at it. You will love your Lenni, I know I do.

Congratulations on your new machine....how fun!

Before you start to set up, flip through the manual to get yourself acquainted with what you\'ll be doing, gather all your tools, get a cool tall drink and set aside an hour or two to work on the set up. It is rather easy, I set up my Lenni all by myself the first time (and subsequent times), so easy to do by following the manual...the instructions are clear and the pictures reinforce the task to complete. Very, very easy. Have some practice materials ready to pin on and go for it! You\'ll have a ball!

You can also post questions here on the chat and I know one of us Lenni owners will answer! Have fun!

Good luck with your new Lenni, you will love it! Read your manual first. When I got mine in May, I was thrilled. My hubbie and I spent an evening fooling around with it and decided we were missing parts. I waiting impatiently until 9 the next morning to call. Come to find out, we had all the parts, but we had the wrong manual!!!!! Amy faxed me the correct manual and it went together perfectly in less than an hour. No further problems. I love my Lenni and look forward to seeing your posts on the forum.

Karen

Well, I set Fred up myself and it took all afternoon. First I had to hunt down all the required tools - someone in this household of two, never puts anything back. And today I loaded my first practice piece and played, played.

Any suggestions on the practice pieces - who would like them?? hate to just throw them in the trash. I had bought a number of 3 yd fabric cuts in anticipation of practicing. My sister has two dogs, but one of them loves to pull treads from all her blankets in the dog cage - so maybe Boomer should not get a present from Aunt Chris. Scooter will lover all of hers.:P

Chris

Chris has a longarm - and so far is lovin it

Chris

With my first machine I just left the first practice piece on, rolled back to the beginning and placed a new piece on top. Did this several times.

I ended up with a number of pieces that I could have upholstered my chairs with!

In the end I made shopping bags out of them. They are really stiff and great for groceries.

Judy

• 2 weeks later...

Hey every one, Thanks again for your support. My husband and I set it up in an afternoon with just a little bit of confusion. I had to leave ;) for a 2 week vacation a couple of days after my Lenni arrived. So I am just now starting to practice with thread and the top thread keeps breaking. I had initially tightened the top thread but I probably should have loosened it, anyway I'm having a hard time getting it right. the tips from earlier posts have several suggestions, so I think I will : continue to loosen the top; only thread thu 1-2 of the 3 thread guides. It's humid now, could that be part of it? Any suggesting for a beginner?

Candy

Animal shelters and ASPCA often take quilted sandwichs. the one here in town only wants the edges serged or satin stitched, so they are enclosed... I'd rather send them there, than thorw them out. Other suggestions.. sheep coats, horse blankets, etc.. goats I'm told eat them fairly quickly. lol.... Pot Belly Pig blankets..

Rita R

Chris -

My DH and I put my Millie together weekend before last and believe everyone before this post - the manual is fantastic and it just goes together. Enjoy it and when it all put together, stand back and admire:) - then get busy and ENJOY! I am a newbie and having the time of my life - lots of PPP and can already see the improvement.

Meg

Archived