Sisters Show 2008

ffq-lar

Sharing a photo of the APQS booth and the lovely Linda A. with her equally lovely hubby Chris. They were busy every time I saw them! Sorry for taking a picture of your back, Linda!

It was 90 degrees--actually cooler than normal! And I think fewer people probably because of gas prices of course. Lots of men this year, but it was also the weekend of the Rodeo. They had a wonderful tented area with "Teacher's Quilts"--all of them from books and shows and magazines--great to see them up close. And Janet Sassaman had all her pattern samples from one line of fabric on display-fabulous!

post--13461900001446_thumb.jpg

Eva and her group had a great display of "quilting-makes-the-quilt" banners. They pieced similar designs in different colors and each machine quilter did her own design--it was wonderful! Of course, I like Eva's best but they were all great. Here is the line-up and I will post a closer pic of Eva's next.

post--13461900001661_thumb.jpg

What a beautiful day at the show!

The quilts were great, the blue skies & mountains, just breath taking, not to mention all the fun quilters!:)

Eva's quilts were awesome & her little boy is precious!

Linda, I hope you & your sister had fun & were able to get a keepsake picture in the H.P. booth. Chris said he must have taken hundreds of pictures. He was busy jumping between booths! What a guy, he loves every minute with the girls:P!

I hope you can all join us next year, Mary Beth, Linda, Heidi, Patty Jo, skrat, & Heidi don't miss it next year!!

I have been to every Sister's show (33!) & hopefully help make your trip a little easier!

Here's this years poster~

Linda, I'm sorry I didn't get to stop by. Maybe when we come through Corvallis some day we'll stop in.

I took two pictures of the High Cascade pieces. I don't know who the quilters are.

Here is a link to pictures of quilts at Sisters. Velda Newman ($$$$$$), Robin Ryan, and many other unknown quilters. Sister's Quilt Show should be named as a Wonder of the World must see.

Can you imagine painting a fish and using it as a big rubber stamp? That's what Robin Ryan does. Velda Newman uses hand dyes, applique, metallic thread hand quilted--quite a contrast!

It was a wonderful day.

Boni

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51026226@N00/sets/72157606165777030/

Hi Boni & everyone --

I just want to jump in here to tell you all a little about the "High Cascade LongArm Quilters" and our special exhibit at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show.

We are a group of longarm quilters here in central Oregon that get together to exchange ideas/network, etc. This year we were invited to have a special exhibit for the Sisters show. One of our members daughter designed our display, others got together to cut/construct all 15 panels. The 15 panels were sent home with quilters to "do your thing" and when all quilts were quilted, we met to install Swarofski crystals on each of the quilts.....gotta have a "Lil' BLING".... don't you think?

Eva, (of Cucumber Quilting on our APQS list) quilted the panel with the gorgeous crosshatching. GORGEOUS EVa!!!!

My quilt is the 4th in from the right. Here is a link I hope works that you can see the entire collection......ENJOY!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/Quiltingkaren80

Thanks for posting the link Linda B. I sure missed not being able to go this year, and this was the next best thing. I'm totally amazed at the piecing of all of the High Cascade LongArm panels. Boy someone was Very Oranized to get the colors to transition as they do. Beautifully pieced and I love to look at all the different ways that the group quilted them. You all did a great job.:D

Linda B. Thanks for your photos too! Is Sassaman a local quilter? She has a different style that I like, especially seeing them all together. And thank you for the information on HCLQ. That looks like a fun project. Eva's crosshatching was very well done--great job! I think I counted right--fourth from the right? Yours is fun!

I wish Sisters would make the quilter/piecer names larger so we can read them easier. Just a suggestion.

Yes, Velda Newman's fish quilt was for sale for $30,000!! Did she really want to sell it?;)

How about those One Block Wonders? I think there was a thread asking how to quilt them. Is it really necessary to custom quilt those? I would think an E2E would suffice. Are you all getting many of them? They can be very elegant--I didn't see one I didn't like.

Is this the first year Sisters closed the main street? It was nice to walk down the middle and look both ways to view the quilts easier--rather than bumping elbows on the sidewalks and tripping off the curb because you're looking up at quilts and not watching where you're going. (ask me how I know)

So much eye candy:cool:

Reading these posts brought back fond memories. I went to Sisters for the first time last year and spent the most wonderful weekend there with my husband.

I vow to return - maybe next year??

Oh and yes the main street was closed to traffic last year as were other side streets.

A quilt show to be recommended.

This was my favorite quilt of the hundreds--can't believe there could be one favorite, but this one called to me.

I hope you can see that at the bottom is a cotton plant which turns into two bolts of fabric, then into a baby fairy (?) and then a beautiful butterfly woman. It was stunning!

post--13461900034851_thumb.jpg

Linda,

OMG!

Velda's quilt is incredible!!!!!!

Wow! That is a true work of art, what a great picture!:cool:

I am going to be dreaming of that quilt, thanks for sharing Ms. Linda!!!:D

(Bobbi & Mary Beth you 2 crack me up! I am getting ready to celebrate the "29th anniversary of my 21st birthday" soon! lol

;) )

Archived