Curves and Strips

Rita, I'm back..hit the wrong button:D

Anyway on one quilt in the center middle area, I used all different sized circle and square templates, I just plopped them down hap hazzardly and stitched around them a few overlapped or appeared stacked here and there. End result looked good.

Just the right Panto pattern in the center area only, then doing the borders as eariler mentioned would look nice also.

And of course, SID and Ruler work practice, following the outline of the quilt pattern would make a great looking pattern on the backing.

Have fun

Terry

thanks for the ideas -keep them coming! I need to force myself to do SID -maybe this is the time...gulp!

Bobbi -put your sunglasses on, kiddo...this one is BLAZING! I do want to take it to BMQ -I took the class on this from Shirley Stutz...no handwork...right up my dark alley!

Fantastic piecing with some great colors Rita. The print has circles too which was a great choice to companion with the range of stripes. I do see curvy lines with this one and would not stitch in the ditch because it wouldn't increase the visual texture. I also wouldn't do feathers because this quilt looks very contemporary. How about blowing up a section of the print and seeing if there is a stitching pattern in there that could be used. Looks like some interesting cross hatching curved lines that form a circle and could put these over the stripes. I could also see some radiating lines. How about doing a small sample of leftover fabric to test the waters before doing the large quilt? The outside border would look even more complex if you stitched down the center of each color dividing it into two pieces in which case you would have to stitch in the ditch between the main pieces also. Good luck and let us see a photo when you finish this dazzling quilt.

Vicki

My first thought was circles in the stripes and stripes in the circles, but then I read Terry's idea of circles and squares templates just placed randomly, which I think would make this very contemporary quilt look even more contemporary. That Idea just jumps out at me and I think might be what takes the quilt from wonderful to WOW.

Then Boni's idea of echoing the border in the black would be wonderful.

Sheila

Rita - very nice quilt top - LOVE the colors! And lucky you to have somebody hold it for you - what a great helper!!!

At my first look I thought those black lines on the fabric were quilting lines, then I read your post and saw that this was not quilted yet. I like the idea of random circles, or something similar to what is on that fabric.

Good luck - have fun! And be sure to show us again!:)

Rita Sorry I don't have a camera right now, thought my daughter needed it more:(

Although I used Acrylic templates at the time and just randomly plopped them down. You could also do basically the same thing using circle and square pattern boards. And that might also be easier to do:):)

Have fun, your quilt is lovely and fun.

Terry

thanks for the compliments and suggestions! I just got back from Chincoteague, Va., and am too tired to think about it right now...keep the ideas coming! Rita...I'm usually a lurker, too, nice to pull someone out of the woodwork!

Archived