Heidi K. on Fons and Porter

I just finished watching our own Heidi K. on Fons and Porter doing a great beginner's show for longarming using a Lenni. Great job Heidi! All the newbies and wanna-bees may want to search this show out.

She talks about fabric choices for practice--don't use that standard muslin--try a novelty print with something you can stitch around for practice.

Thread and bobbin color choices were covered and a few practice overalls.

Heidi was a star--and so was that Lenni!

Thanks MB, I'm going to try and find it online. They also cancelled Fons and Porter on our local PBS channel, ugh. Seems all the quilting shows are being cancelled. I want them back, just how many cooking shows can people watch? I can't get Simply Quilts any longer or they're reruns. The only show still on is American Quilts or something which I'm not so fond of they do everything except quilts???

Yes, we only get Fons and Porter on Saturday mornings. I tried watching America Quilts, but that whiny woman that hosts the show gets on my last nerve! Sorry, if you all are a fan, just my humble opinion. I seem to be full of them...maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed. Anyway, I think they have cancelled that one too. We still get Sewing with Nancy, and she does quilts sometimes, but I'm not crazy about that one either. What is a girl to do? I thought quilting was such a rage....so where are all the shows going??

Originally posted by Bonnie

Now I'm bummed...we use to get Fons and Porter on our Local PBs stations, but it seems that they have cancelled it.:(

Bonnie I was hoping they had just moved it to another time slot but haven't had time to really try to find it. Let me know if you find it on at another time. I'm bummed too!

Oregon PB alternates F&P with other quilt shows. They seem to run for about 6-8 weeks, then change again. Quilting With Nancy remains permanently in her time slot. Not sure why the others rotate, but always interesting to learn new things from new people. Even the Scrapebooking shows offer ideas that are easily adaptable to the quilt world.

I look forward to seeing this episode with our Heidi. I looked and I have my DVR scheduled to record that episode this Thursday, 8/7. I will save it to VHS or DVD. Your right Connie, I think it would be great addition for marketing our machines. F&P are on in Salt Lake City on PBS (channel 9) at 4:30 PM on Thursdays, if anyone in this area needs to know.

Thanks for the heads up Linda!:)

I just checked www.QNNtv.com, which is owned by the same company that owns Fons & Porter, but the 1200 series shows are not available there yet, just the 1100 series.

So, since I'm a member of Quilter's Club of America, which includes membership to F&P.com and QnnTV.com, I looked for it on F&P.com. It is listed there under videos on demand, but with the following note:

Please note that this show is currently available only through your public television station and is not yet available for online viewing.

And buying the DVD is not an option yet, because the 1200 series is not available for purchase yet.

Why don't you guys join The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims? Watching on my computer is smaller than on the TV but it works and they have some wonderful guests on the show. Plus there are lots of shows available to choose from on your own schedule. www.thequiltshow.com is the web site. Check it out. The new set decor is better and there are lots of tips and gadgets.

Vicki

Connie, HGTV has finished showing Alex's Shows so the very best thing is to watch on the net like dancingstitcher, Vicki said. It's great and there are also a lot of tips about photographing your quilts and Superior threads.

If any of you do sign up mention that Vicki or I told you, Pleas, there's a contest going on and we know how we love to win!!:)

MB, I don't like the host on America Quilts either and would you believe she's the VP of Viking USA!!. Yep, sure is. Her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard and she's so condescending.

Thank goodness for the net and the shows and classes that we can get now. Subscriptions are about the same as a mag. and I decided, since I've saved all my good issues for the last 5 yrs, I've got plenty to look at. I dropped some of them so now I can get Alex!

Have any of you sprung for Sharon Schamber's network? I got the trial version and really liked it but $ 149.00 is a bundle. Then again, I guess it's cheaper than going to a convention and paying for a class and all the other stuff. She still has some great freebies on her site.

Ok, guess I was being to nice but glad to hear other's opinions. I cannot stand the host of American Quilt, I agree that her voice makes me cringe and she seems to "talk down to her guests". I do belong to Fons and Porter's Quilt Club of America which includes QNNTV. I dropped my Alex's show because I really didn't care for it the first year. I like Sharon's website and "free" shows but can't see paying over a hundred dollars a year to watch her shows. I like the shows on TV because I can record them and watch them when nothing is on the tube or if I need something relaxing to do. I hope that with the new fall season, our quilt shows come back on. Thanks for the info Georgene, guess I'll keep an eye out for the 1200 series.

Archived