Trio of friendship quilts

Hi everyone. While cleaning out my studio in preparation for my millie, Annabella, I found 27 friendship blocks made for me in 1993 approx. I made them into three quilts, which is a story in itself (none of the blocks were the same size and I didn't have the sashing or border fabric). When Annabella got here and I had practiced awhile I loaded these three and quilted them freehand (loops). It was such fun and it was done so quickly! I love my machine and I hope you enjoy these pics. :D

post--13461900193399_thumb.jpg

Those quilts are stunning, and you can be quite proud of the loopy meander.. it's perfect for those quilts.. Congratulations on a job Very Well done.. even if it did take 15 years...lol.. just joking. they are gorgeous.. and I love color.. you did Great!

RitaR

Thanks guys, I am so proud of these little jewels. My LQS and I had a time finding fabric to match these blocks. In one week I'm off to our little mountain retreat so I am taking more UFO's and all my tons of fat quarters to see what I can come up with. When re return, I will put Annabella to another test! ;)

Thanks for checking out my efforts. :D

Martha,

Up until last fall I owned the LQS in Pensacola, now I don't have a lot of time to fabric shop, I seem to be behind my LA machine taking care of customer quilting rather than my own. And I thought owning a shop was time consuming, I love getting back into the LA area of quilting again. I had a girl doing it at the shop for a couple years.

Awww, thanks Shana. All my life I've hated my hair! I was born bald and when it came in, it was CURLY! Growing up in the 60's was the worst---everyone had long straight hair! :(

But when you hit middle-age, ya figure this is me, I might as well be happy and get used to it! But it does my heart good to read all your compliments!

Thanks again everyone and back to work for me! :D

Hi Martha, I have curly hair too and living in rainy Oregon it is really just a frizz job. I had it short for awhile but my hairdresser left so had to let it grow back out. now it is not only curly but the top has turned grey. when I tried to color out the grey I ended up looking like a fire engine light:P

Martha, cute quilt!!!! I like your quilting too~~~ I have VERY curly hair too!! I'm like you, in JR and SR high, it was a nightmare to have curls!! EVERYONE had stick straight long hair..... I had to put my hair up on rollers as big as pop cans and sleep on them every night to at least have it 1/2 way kinda straight..... well, not straight, but less friz and curl!!:P As I have....hum.... matured:) .... I have learned to like it! Keep up the fun quilting !!! You're doing great!!! linda

Thanks, Linda, it is so nice to realize that waaay back when, I wasn't alone. I got so desparate that at one time I straightened my hair so frequently, my head blistered! That was the start of acceptance of my curly hair (at least then, I too, slept on HUGE rollers and after it was dried, I would lay on it-in bed-for an hour to let it cool straight!) Does this make sense? I was LOONEY! :P

But seriously, I love my machine and lots of practice is in my future!!:D

Archived