Sue Pattens's Book: "Quilting Possibilities...FreeHand Filler Patterns"

I think I said this several times before here on this chat.... and I even told Sue in person when I saw her at MQS this past May...

I just gotta say (again) that I love this book! It's a "must have" if you like freehanding. I get lots of ideas and inspiration from this book. It always seems to rise to the top of the stack of quilt pattern books that sits on my table next to my longarm machine. I'm always pulling that thing out and browsing through it... and of course I'm using her ideas on a customer's quilt right now. :)

Thanks again, Sue!

Shana, I just went to Amazon to see if they have that book.... they do , but I also wanted to ask an opinion if any one has Quilitng Inside the Lines by Pam Clark. That looked interesting too, but not knowing what is inside the book with out actually seeing it. Anybody have it? What do you think? Thanks! linda

I have Deloa's book!! LOVE it!! It has helped me decide what to do with a couple of quilts!! Where can you get Pam's stencils? I think I will be ordering Sue's and Pam's books! ( get that free shipping!!!) I think that's a good excuse to get both, don't you?:P linda

Go to Pam's website and you can order all her stuff. I can't remember the name of site but Google Pam Clarke Design with Lines and you will find it. I especially love the stencils that are 1" and 2". I use these to get my designs spaced evenly in borders. Just Pounce and quilt.

Sandra

Originally posted by ramona-quilter

Hey Heidi/Shana/Saundra, did you order your book from Sue's web-site?

No, I bought this book at my LQS.

Oh, and I wanted to also add another set of books that are Must Haves are Darlene Epp's Pocket Guides. Those little books are wonderful for ideas and to get the creativity flowing!

I had a bunch of dreams last night. One dream had Debbi Truesch in it (and quilting, of course!) and another dream was Darlene Epp had recorded a song. Are you a singer, too, Darlene? LOL! :D

Now that's really scary Shana that you dreamt about me!! :o:o Maybe because of all that beautiful Japanese taupes I bought over the weekend?? :cool:

Now I just have to find the time to finish Romancing the Stone, Take 2, another wholecloth in progress and now this new quilt.

SewBobby - Anything that resembles sashiko quilting would look great on Asian inspired quilts. How about some small clam shells, or a very small baptist fan meander, or some variation of crosshatching? You can google sashiko designs to get some other ideas.

Debbi

Originally posted by sewbobby

Does anyone have any ideas on what background filler to ouse on Asian inspired quilts? I plan on buying Sue Patton and Deloa's books when I go to Camp Mowana. I use Darlene's books all the time.

Great ideas from Debbi and Heidi on Asian fillers... here's another one that came to mind: Peacock meander fill. That looks pretty and quilts up fast. Darlene Epp's books explain how to do those. You basically make a teardrop shape and echo twice around it and then start a new teardrop in a new direction and echo, etc.

Wow Shana

Thanks for the awesome review!!!!:P My site is still under construction but you can order the books from www.goldenthreads.com or off the AQS book site. I will bring books with me to retreat... so if anyone wants one you could email me in advance so I have enough on hand..suepattenquilts@yahoo.ca SEE ALL YOU CAMPERS SOOOOON!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!:cool:

Archived