NEW: Machine Maintenance Classes!

APQS

GENERAL OVERVIEW: 2 FULL DAYS (9AM-4PM CST) BASIC MACHINE MAINTENANCE AND OILING, TIMING AND TENSION ISSUES, THREADS AND NEEDLES, WHEEL ADJUSTMENTS, ETC. LECTURE AND HANDS-ON MIX.

**FIRST COME/FIRST SERVE BASIS (ONLY 10 SPOTS AT EACH CLASS)

DATES:

Feb 22 & 23, 2007

May 3 & 4, 2007

August 16 & 17, 2007

October 25 & 26, 2007

COST: $200 NON-REFUNDABLE - TO BE PAID IN ADVANCE

WHO TO CALL: AMY ANDERSON OR MISTY BOES: 1-800-426-7233 OR DIRECT 712-792-5328

***DIRECTIONS WILL BE INCLUDED WHEN CONFIRMATION

LETTER SENT**

I know that there are an absolute ton of you APQS guys that attend Festival each year in Houston. Might it be possible that you consider offering operation and maintenance classes there? This year was the first year that "hands-on" long-arm classes were offered there and it apeared that they were incredibly popular. I took 4 classes and, even though each of the 6 long-arm set ups had two heads (making places for 12 students at a time), the classes seemed over booked. It was obvious to me, that there is a high degree of interest from festival attendies. I don't believe that you would be disappointed in the number of us that sign up. Thank you in advance for considering this suggestion!

Hi Anita and V-Star,

We do have classes at MQS that Connie teaches and I teach a maintenance class at MQX. They are more of a lecture class and don't have the opportunity to do "hands on". That's why we are trying to offer this at our factory. I am trying to get a class to teach at Innovations as well.

• 2 months later...

I just got home from the 2 day maintenance class that Connie and Mark hosted at the factory. It was well worth the time and money. They provided an excellent manual to follow with concise instructions and great photos. It was wonderful that we could do the "hands on" on one of two machines until were we confident that we understood the problem and the solution. Each of the two machines were back to the factory for a complete overhaul. The two machines were invaluable training tools because we could see and "feel" the difference on each of the machines.

There was a lot of information provided over the two days. I don't think that they could cover all the topics in one day. When I left after the first day I was "brain dead" with all the information that they covered. But I found that I went back for the second day refreshed and was able to review the instructions from the previous day and asked questions on topics that I wasn't quite sure about. I left the second day with the confidence that I could trouble shoot problems and even resolve the problem first before I needed to call Connie or Mark for help. But I know that if I'm unsure about a future problem I can pick up the phone and have a "technical" conversation with either Connie or Mark and save us all time and money!

I got home an hour ago and I already checked some things on "Jill". As soon as my son gets home with a "loupe" I'm going to retime my machine. The needle eye isn't low enough and I have too much "pooch" on the needle. That's the technical term that Mark gave us for when the needle is flexing too much :-). I am so elated that I've learned the technical side of my machine and am confident that I can identify what I need to do to keep "Jill" in tip top shape.

Don't miss this class!

Thanks, Connie and Mark!

• 1 month later...

Well said Carolyn. The two day maintenance class was well worth the time and cost. (Even with a one way drive time of 7 hours, I'd go again.) I left Iowa being totally comfortable with "Alf". I also made new friends, checked out the factory and ate at a wonderful Mexican restaurant. Thank you APQS!

• 1 month later...

The June class just filled it's last spot yesterday to Donna Rodriquez from Costa Mesa, CA.

The next class will be offered August 31st and September 1st. We have plenty of open spots so please do call we love to see a full class and lots of smiling faces once the class is complete. It's so nice to have people leave and be relieved that they now feel comfortable with their machine.

If you would like the Maintenance DVD please call into the supply line and we would be glad to send one out to you for only $29.95. Number to call is 712-792-5943 ask for Linda or Amy.

Have a great day :-)

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I would like to attend the class next spring. I would have to fly out from Virginia. Is there an airport close by and hotels/motels? I know when I sent my finance paperwork they couldn't give me an overnight rate because the bank was in a remote area (lol:D). I'm asking now because I need to plan this out. :)

I would like to "second" this motion for a "hands-on" class at places like Innovations. I am sure these classes would be fully attended.

Originally posted by v-starlady

I know that there are an absolute ton of you APQS guys that attend Festival each year in Houston. Might it be possible that you consider offering operation and maintenance classes there? This year was the first year that "hands-on" long-arm classes were offered there and it apeared that they were incredibly popular. I took 4 classes and, even though each of the 6 long-arm set ups had two heads (making places for 12 students at a time), the classes seemed over booked. It was obvious to me, that there is a high degree of interest from festival attendies. I don't believe that you would be disappointed in the number of us that sign up. Thank you in advance for considering this suggestion!

Hi.

I'd love to attend a Maintenance Class at the factory but live too far away to make it happen. I was wondering about how detailed the DVD (you purchase) is versus the "live" class with Mark.

Is it the same as the one supplied with the machine that includes instructions on getting started and basic maintenance?

Thanks.

Lisa

NW New Jersey

Liberty

Good morning all.....

Just wanted to chime in here and give everyone an update on the 2-day maintenance classes offered at the factory in Carroll.....our schedule for this year is full!! We will be setting up the schedule for next year sometime in October, as we schedule the classes around our machine schedule (we usually get a new round of heads every 5 weeks, but that could change for next year!)....if you would like to get on the waiting list for next year's schedule, call Misty or myself at the factory and I can add your name to our list....once we have a schedule set up, we will call everyone on the waiting list (in the order they were added) and give them the opportunity to sign up for the dates that work best for them. This class has been a great addition to the classes offered by APQS, and I highly recommend everyone to try to make it!

Happy Quilting.....

• 8 months later...

We probably won\'t schedule the 2009 classes until the end of this year. I still have openings in the October 16-17 class this year if that works at all for you - my schedule filled up fast! We may look at doing a couple more classes next year - we increased the number from 4 to 6 this year already!

We\'ll post on the website once we have a schedule for next year....

I was in the April class Amy held in Carroll, Iowa. It was great. Amy is so talented. The classes are well worth the time and money. Anyone with an APQS machine should consider Amy\'s two day class. The hands on part of the class is so important. In my case just sitting through a lecture would probably go in one ear and out the other.

Pamela

• 1 month later...

Archived