first LA Quilt Try

Good job. You will continue to improve, the learning curve is NOT a rock wall! It takes time, look what Heidi has done, and she got her machine about a year ago too! (right?)

One thing I learned is to breathe, and don't hold the handles too tightly... when you do a white knuckle grip it's hard to have your lines flow smoothly! Breathe!

I had no idea Heidi was only a Junior! Wow! Heidi, you go, girl! Bobbette, funny you speak of breathing. I had to tell myself over and over to relax and breathe. Finally toward to bottom 1/3 of the quilt I got to where I could breathe and not have such a power grip on the handles. During the middle of the night I awoke with my right hand hurting. I had to take some meds to help stop the throbbing. I guess I did okay with my left hand since it didn't hurt! I will concentrate on holding the handles more gently in the morning when I get at it again. Sylvia :)

Sylvia, are those feathers? a feather meander? What is this? YOU a NEWBIE and doing feathers? You are on the cutting edge----or should I say "quilting" edge? Better watch out or you'll be moving up the ladder with a skip hop and jump. :D

It would be nice to see more of this quilt. I like the colors and fabrics.

LOL :P Sylvia, I hope you don't think I'm an expert--- I've barley had my longarm a year. Actuallly, due to my broken foot recovery, I really did not start quilting on my Milli until October 2007, and more in Nov. 2007 is when I really started quilting on the longarm without too much pain standing up. So, I still consider myself a newbie in a lot of ways. Many things I have not tried, yet, but I try to make myself do new techniques which forces me to expand my skills. I'm always trying something new. Still learning...always learning. I learned alot of my stuff by being a regular on this chat over the past year or so...even before I got my longarm I was here learning, obvserving, tucking away the information, and soaking it in.

What a terrific job for a newbie.. am sure you will go great places.. I might be up to that level now, and have had a long arm, but not an apqs for years.. about 3 or 4 now I think.. have had Penny lenni less than a year, I think 8 months or so.. you are doing great.. keep at it.

Yes, meg.. ahem.. where's a pict of your quilts please???

RitaR

Archived