MQS Quilt Pictures 2

Actually if you look very closely at the "holes" you'll see each of the four corners is a slightly different color...the fabric square actually wraps around to the back side.

Birgit will have to fill in more of the details, she's at the show now.

So they do. Doh! Hmm I wonder if that means she has used the other idea I was thinking of. It's how I set metal rings into car covers. you finish the inside of the circle with the backing before assembly. It would work but be trixy. I do wish I was there. Somehow not having quilts there makes it seem even further away. I wonder how cheap the flights would be if I booked now for next year. Do we have dates for next year?

Ferret

It is so great to see these pictres online - but believe me qll the quilts are much more gorgeous in reality...

Ferret, I think I finished my holes as you are guessing. I finished eche of the 4-patch blocks with a hole as a separate quilt sandwich (stitching the circle with the batting in between, cutting away the circle center, turning the whole thing inside out). Afterwards, I pieced the top fabrics, tucked the batting pieces over and under, turned one side of the backing fabric under and fused it to the next square. It was sort of tricky - and I had to fit in the batting and backing square for the center of the quilt. But it worked and I'm happy with the way it looks...

Off to some more shopping.

Talk to you next week.

Birgit (currently at MQS)

I believe the ribbon on Claudia's quilt is a teacher's recognition award. Don't know which teacher, tho....

The pictures are really great - but I have to tell you, the quilts (up close and personal) are phenomenal. Words can't really describe.......

Wish you all could see.

Sherri Dolly

Overland Park, KS

Great photos!! Thanks for posting them! I am wondering what those

hollow stars are on the "Big Bird Blue" quilt? Are they quilting? Or some

other method or item? So hard to tell with out seeing the quilt first hand...

Congrats to Claudia on Viewers Choice!

I received my 2 entries back from MQS yesterday and to my surprise "Ocean Magic" Storm at Sea, pieced by Hilly Wellborn had a "Teachers Ribbon" on it :) It wasn't there on Friday when I left the show, so it really was a surprise!!!!!

I don't know who Carole Wilder is, but "Thank you" very much for the recognition.

Hi Debbi,

It was really nice to meet you too. Congratulations on your 2 ribbons!!! I have to tell you, I loved your purple quilt in the traditional category and am amazed at what you have accomplished in just a year and a half with your Millie. You truly do beautiful work.

Patty

• 3 years later...

Archived