Sign in to follow this  
meg

Just because I love you guys....

i will share this newly invented and fabulously delicious cocktail recipe.

last night i had a girls night out with some friends. the hostess served a nice pre-dinner cocktail, but i just knew it could be better.

so, i came home, thought about it, tweaked it - tried it out on dh and VOILA' - i have discovered heaven.

keep in mind that the pomegranate juice and mint are both antioxidants...so not only is this delicious - it's MEDICINAL!

8-10 fresh mint leaves muddled

1 shot quality vodka (or more if you want)

1 shot POM pomegranate juice

1 packet splenda or 2 tsp sugar

juice of 1/2 lime

shaken with ice

poured into martini glass

let me know if you like it!!! i bet you will....

;););)

Meg

"Do small things with great love." Mother Teresa

"Life's too short to fuss with thread." Meg Fazio

http://theonewiththreadsonherclothes.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megfazio

Guest Linda S

Sounds a lot like a cosmopolitan with a bit of mint! I think they used to use cranberry, but Pom would be great. It does sound like heaven! :)

I have the limes, I have the fresh mint leaves, I'm sure to have vodka and cointreau

so now all I have to get is some cranberry juice, because I loved the Cosmoplitans in the US last year.

Lyn

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

does sound yummy! I have mint--several kinds -- and beer. Don't think that'll work. Did have a couple of beers as it's Sat. as I was looking at the quilt I just finished.

JUST QUILTING

APQS SALES & SERVICE

Fil-Tec / Glide Distributor

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Sometimes my quilting looks like I have been drinking!

You are too funny girlfriend!!:P:P

These cocktails sound soooo delicious I might not realize I'm drinkin' til it's too late!! hahaha

1B3534BF41043F3B69B8C0B1C537B688.png
APQS Millie aka Big Baby
www.linneamariequilts.blogspot.com
Sew Batik Associate #1361

OK I'm running into town today anyway, so I will pick up the goodies to make these. I have some GG in the cupboard --- it's waiting to be used. :)

BTW I'm doubling this recipe and using the WHOLE lime! :P (ha! I love you meggy!!)

Shana

PS: I'll let you know later tonight how delicious they taste... if I have a lot of typos you know why... ;)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

I'm owning up..... I cheated. When I went to the bottle shop(to buy the vodka) they had a 2 Litre cask of ready made Cosmopolitan so I bought that to try....

It is in the fridge chilling. I may get to have a drink tomorrow night, I'll be working tonight.

Lyn

Lyn Crump   Hand Guided 2013 Millenium Blissed and Gliding    APQS Sales Rep SE Qld Australia   www.busyquilting.com.au   On Facebook and Instagram as BusyQuilting

Attitude is everything - So pick a good one!

Thanks, Meg. I got off the Splenda awhile back so I am going to try the recipe using Stevia. Sounds yummy. Might have to invite a certain GF from Salem up to help drink them....hahahahaha

0EC3AB6F88845435631BA7342C5DF11D.png

It's a Lucey for me.

Yes, that does sound yummy! May have to try that as a "pre-wedding tension-reducer.";)

314B4A28F5D2B9A393862864B500E102.png
Barbara Mayfield
APQS Sales Representative & Educator
AND Quilt Path owner!!!

"Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~Henry van Dyke

APQS Northwest

1315 NW Mall Street, Suite 4

Issaquah, WA  98027

(425) 243-3502

info@apqsnw.com

www.apqsnw.com

Guest Linda S

I just got home from cleaning out my office at the U, and never have to go back again!! I'm going to whip one of these puppies up shortly.

Linda

Originally posted by Linda S

I just got home from cleaning out my office at the U, and never have to go back again!! I'm going to whip one of these puppies up shortly.

Linda

whip up two ~

you've got come celebratin' to do!!! :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

congrats!

Meg

"Do small things with great love." Mother Teresa

"Life's too short to fuss with thread." Meg Fazio

http://theonewiththreadsonherclothes.blogspot.com/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megfazio