My Lenni " Matilda"

ccohrs

Good morning all

I have received my Lenni " Matilda" save and sound and DH has started putting the table together last night.

Oh I am getting very excited about getting started, the more my DH will get done, the more time I will have with Sue to learn about my machine.

I was very impressed how everything was packed and labled, intructions are very clear.

Would love to know what threads everyone is using and your preferred Batting.

Thanks

Christine in Brisbane/Australia

Hello Christine,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Lenni! What an exciting day this is for you!

I use mostly Superior threads (So Fine, Bottom Line, King Tut, Rainbows) and some Aurifil thread. My preferred batting is Hobbs 80/20. There are alot of different threads on the market, I started with Superior thread and liked it, try a few different kinds and see what works best for you.

Hi Chris

Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to visiting you soon and meeting Matilda!

I'll email you a suppliers list today with the details of who sells what in Australia and abroad. I use Matilda's Own wool/poly batting or Matilda's Own cotton from Victorian Textiles. I usually buy Superior Threads directly from Superior in the States as we can get a good discount and the dollar is improving again (I hope). I love So Fine, Lava and Bottomline for stitch in the ditch and of course I love the pre-wounds.

Looking forward to seeing lots of show and tell by the time I get to you.

Best wishes

sue in Australia

Hi Christine, hope you are having a blast getting Matilda all set up and ready to go.

I'm in the states, so will let your country women/men give suggestions on wadding and threads.

Welcome to the board, and remember, breathe, fingertip hold on the handles and RELAX... it really is fun.. Let us know how it is going..

RitaR

Christine,

Welcome!! You are going to have so much fun. I have had my Miss Ribbit for almost 3 months and I have to admit that it is taking over my life - at least for now while I am madly trying to learn everything all at once. Love the Superior Threads - mostly Lave and So Fine. Also use HighLights and Rainbows. Love the Quilters Dream battings - working with wool for the first time right now and just love how it quilts!!!

Share your progress with us. We all love to see!

Thank you for your replies and well wishes.

Matilda is now out of the box and it is starting to look like it should.

Tell me how high would you have the table, do you arms are sort of straight in front of you?

I know it is hard to explain via email and I am sure Sue will advise me when she is here, she has been wonderful to deal with and can only recommend.

I am really looking forward to the journey.

Christine

Welcome Christine. Congratulations on your New Matilda. The best thing about this forum is that there is someone on here almost 24 hrs a day. Once in a great while, when I can't sleep - like now, I get on here when you are all up in Australia. Have lots of fun getting to know your new friend! ;)

WELCOME

To another happy Lenni sister. She is a dream machine. My "Little Miss Lenni" has been with me for just over a month and we have been having a great time learning all about each other and having so much fun. Enjoy the process and take lots of pictures. Welcome and don't hesitate to ask alot of questions. Jeanne in SC

Godd morning all

I have started a bit of quilting last nigh and it doesn't look to bad, I have a few issue with the tension on the back and thought I might move the machine to quick.

Will try a different thread, the one I am using is Superior Sofine, anyway I am sure with practise it will get better.

Also can the presser foot be lifted?

Christine

Australia

Try adjusting the top tension. righty=tighty and lefty=loosey. I was surprised at first by how far I had to turn the tension knob to see a change. Then when you get the tension just right for the kind of thread you generally use make a little mark on the knob to remind you where it should be for that thread. Good luck and have fun!

Archived