HMQS

Laurie

Is anyone from this group going? I've registered for my classes and I just made my room reservation.

I am going to this show for a couple of reasons. One is that it is relatively close to me (SF Bay Area - SLC). Flying is fairly reasonable. Another, the timing works well for me. And, lastly, there are hands-on classes.

I've got my schedule worked out so that I have a lecture/demo class and a hands-on class each day with plenty of time to relax. Oh and shop, of course!

Anyhoo, I was just wondering if anyone I knew from here was attending too.

Laurie,

You will have a wonderful time!! HMQS 2007 was my very first quilt convention experience, and I didn't know a soul! The teachers will be fantastic, and I'm sooo glad you were able to get into the hands-on classes - they really give you a good start. Take comfortable shoes, a sketch pad, your camera - and remember to take a break every so often and just breathe........

I live about 40 minutes north of the SLC show! I have gone every year since it started and I think this is the 6th year - boy has it grown!!! The first year was a couple of vendor booths and a small quilt competition! I've taken classes from Karen McTavish, Myrna, Sally Terry, Linda Taylor, and Pam Clarke! Not sure what I will take this year, but I've already arranged a couple of days off from work! Let me know what classes you are signing up for? It will be great to see you there! Cathy

p.s. - I'm just a quilt for myself and friends quilter?! I just read through these posts daily and find tons of info and INSPIRATION!

Linda puts us up in the Best Western Tree House. It works fine for us. We hold the retreat in the quilt shop.

I have gone up with a few of my friends and we rented a house 2 doors down from the quilt shop! That was so convenient! We sewed all weekend and walked to the shop when we wanted a break.

My dd considered a job in Quincy but from Sacramento, it was a bit of a commute!

Archived