Photo of complex quilt top

Here is the one that I did, it is from the Bella Bella Quilts book based on Italian mosaic floors.

I sid in every other vane seam and in the others I quilted alternating half hearts like Sally Terry shows in Pathways to Machine Quilting Book. The triangles in the corners I did swirl ribbons from the same center starting point. The center has an @ (at) flower.

The circle borders around had the half hearts or some feathers in them.

post--13461900749872_thumb.jpg

CONSTANCE

What a beautiful quilt and great choice of colors. Is the background to the dahlia a Michael Millers fairy frost fabric. It kind of looks like it. those shiny fairy frost fabrics just make quilts glow. So have you decide how you are going to quilt it yet. Would love to see pictures of how you do it and also closer up pics of the red and blue one also. Both are absolutely lovely. Jeanne

Hello Ladies, The center, rondels and coordinating stripes are Peggy Toole for Robert Kaufman "Florentine". The only fairy frost is the green that is in the 4 corners of circle area. Sadly, its not available anymore (it always takes me so long to find the right quilt for the fabric. This Bella Bella quilt is the Venice Rose and I'll have to say it is very very time consuming and wastes a lot of fabric (which broke my heart since I am not an appliquer). I am afraid SID or SND may be the only thing I can do with the zillion of blue and green bands. I have thought of tiny stipple in the off white area to 'pop' the bands but very unsure of this method and unstitching micro stippling would be a disaster. I'd rather be quilting, not picking. I'll post again when it is quilted. Hugs, Connie

Archived