Love that Circle Lord

Mary Beth

I've been trying my best to get a little Christmas wall hanging done today. It is a cheaters cloth so I am not inspired, however, I am using my CL and just had to let you know :):)I love this thing!!!

The customer wanted stars in the border, but it is only about 2 1/2" wide so I decided to whip out my Starz template and see what I could do.

With my CL I was able to reposition that Starz template any direction I wanted to, to get my star to lay in the exact position I wanted it to.

I love this thing!!!

Sorry, just had to tell someone.

DH is going to be so happy on Christmas morning when he finds all those CL goodies under the tree ;):P

My brain has not had to think this much in a long, long time :) I think they are tring to give me every situation that could happen while on the phone...but honestly...it is very overwhelming. I have a mentor sitting with me now, and she listens while I talk on the phone to customers. She is older and sometimes she doesn't hear very well so she is telling me to ask them things they have already told me and I am trying to tell her they already did, they already did :P:D It almost hysterical. Anyway, I like, and I think I will like it more when I am able to handle calls on my own. Thanks for asking....

Renae,

There are some quilts that I just don't post pictures of....this is one of them. It is just cheater's cloth, nothing special - at all - trust me. And my quilting is not spectacular, far from it. The CL just really helped me get 'er done ;)

Love the stars with the pebbles. Hey Mary Beth -- I just received that upsy daisy thing that Michael is making for lifting up the stylus. I haven't used it yet but when using the templates, I always seem to be running into the sides of squares and have to lift up the stylus myself (which isn't too hard as I work from the back with the square within reaching distance) but, if I can make it easy on myself, I'll try it. Can't wait to use it. Like I said before, when I retire from quilting for others (mostly), my pantos can go but my CL stays with me. Retirement means more time for me to "play". Right now, because we make our living doing this, we don't have time to play much. Eighteen months and counting. :P:P

Mary Beth,

I know what you mean about the CL. I just love it! I just finished a quilt for one of our sons and wife for Christmas that is a blue grass star and I used the Swrills CL. The contrast of the straight lines of the stars and the curves of the swrills looks great. My only problem is that Jim and I compete for the Millie! I just took mine off and he has a "yellow brick road" (in pink and black) ready to go for one of our granddaughters. What did we do before this machine came into our lives???? Happy Turkey Day!

I will have to check into the CL more. When I looked at the website it looked so expensive to get. Like each kind of thing be it Baptist Fan or different designs, king size, around $500? I must have misunderstood. The templates must be way less expensive?...I'll check it out again.

Robin - The large templates are absolutely wonderful but, if you buy the basic unit, you would have hundreds of designs to come up with. Circles alone are well worth it. The circles range (I think) from like 1/2 inch up to 18 inches in increments of maybe 1/8 inch The Aztec makes endless designs. Let your imagination run rampant. I thought like you did and held off for years before buying the unit. The templates are next impossible to break and they fit together so well, there is no play. So, hint that Santa bring you the basic unit to get your feet wet. We do all love the large templates because they are very fast and you just about can't mess anything up. There is no way I would part with even one of my templates. No I don't work for them but they are some of my favorite people.;)

Finally home from work. I can read messages...but I can't post. For those of you who know me.....well, you know ;)

Lisa, at one time I thought the CL was too expensive. I had a different circle maker and for the life of me could not figure out how to use it. I kept reading others talk about how great the CL was and read as much as I could. Finally told DH if I sell the one I have I am buying the CL. Oh my gosh, am I ever happy I did. Bar non, the best tool I have every invested in!!

Feel free to email me if you have any questions, I would be happy to help you in any way....and I do not get paid for anything I say :) I just love the product.

I wish I could say the Christmas presents for DH was my idea...I have to hand that one to Michael....he is such a salesman!!

I almost forgot....there are several wreath templates....3 I think. The original, the one with the spider web that make very small wreaths....and the new big wreath maker.

Robin, I know that the large templates seem expensive but there are a couple of things to keep in mind....they are the most user-friendly gadget I have, Michael and Kay have a great payment plan......and they pay for themselves in approx 3 quilts! I can finish a king-size quilt in under 3 hours using these. For example, say I have a quilt that is 100x100 and I want to do a Baptist Fan on it. I could probably do this quilt in 2 hours, not counting mounting the quilt, (maybe 3 hours, since I tend to take lots of breaks and get distracted!). I would charge approx $175 for this quilt. I don't know what else I could do that is not illegal and make this money!!! BTW, not affiliated just a happy CL customer!

Hey, has anyone tried the new Water design yet??? We need pics!!!

Archived