ideas?

This is a quilt for ME! I will add border strips and quilt holly "feathers" in the border, maybe, but what about the center blocks? Any suggestions? And those of you who draw quilt designs on photos, which program do you use?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Dangit. What's the size limit on photos?

post--13461900817754_thumb.jpg

Oh gosh this is soooooo pretty! Me likey me likey lots! :)

I see gold metallic thread in the gold fabrics. You could do CCs at each corner and point and that would tie it in nicely. In the darker log cabin areas and the snowflake fabric, I see SILVER metallic thread being used there. You could do fun freehand whimsical swirly designs in those areaa. The light logs area I don't know...hmm.... You could leave this be and just do SID around the outer edges with monopoly where it meets the dark logs. That would give it definition and it's simple, too. SID around all of the stars, too.

Please share a photo when done.

How big is this?

It's just half log cabins (a la Sharyn Craig, and ensuing hlc addiction following a class I took with her earlier this year) and sashing with triangles to form stars. And festive fabric, of course! :)

Now Shana, I'm pretty sure that CC doesn't stand for credit card, so help me out here. (I'm acronym challenged.) :D

Oh, and the half log cabin strips are cut 1 3/4". Without borders, the wall hanging is about 34".

(CC stands for continious curves)

i would do feather wreath around the smaller stars. SID (stitch in the ditch) the smaller stars. quilt some holly leaves and berries in the large center star. then, the little motif in the cream background. and quilt feathers out from the large center star. then to pull it all together, quilt feathers in the border.

that is, if youre comfortable doing free motion.

(i use the paint program to draw on your pic. save it to my computer, then open it in paint, then draw))

post--13461900818197_thumb.jpg

Archived