A new keyboard

Hi gal! Just logged in as a new APQS Millie user. I feel I have a cataliac instead of a volkswagaon. No pun on the Volkswagaon owners. I have been quilting for 9 years and have moved up to long-arm quilting the last 2 years. This APSQ is a dream. I had a little problem today w/a tee-shirt quilt and Dawn Kavanaugh walked me through the tension issues. Needed a larger needle. I felt so STUPID. Love the chats especially the issue of floating a quilts. Every machine is different and everyone has their favorite way to do it. I am still learning what the best way is and what saves me time since time is money.

Dawn, thanks for your reply. I was really feeling inadquate last night but when to bed late, kept think about it, got up at 3:00 a.m. I went through one hole above the tension assembly, loosened by bobbin tension (all as you suggested) and by golly, I got the repairs done. I ordered a 4.5 needle for future tee-shirt work and I will use polyester thread from here on. You and Amy walk on water. Thanks again.

PS: I also thank you for the tip on the batting. Can't believe I have used the the wrong side all this time.

Archived