NQR - Now it's getting ugly- BUT IT'S PRETTIER NOW

Well, it is now getting ugly and scarrrrry. I heard a thump, went out and the small limb had fallen on the house. Not 10 min. later, I heard a big thump and a scraping sound and that is when the larger limb came down and also another branch landed on the neighbor's house. The last picture is of the sweet gum tree and it has dropped about 6 new branches and has a couple more that are no longer attached, but are hung up in the lower branches. WOW - I'm thinking that this has to be one of the worst storms I have ever sat thru (except for the typhoon in Guam in 1991) Hope you are all safe where you are.

2314820630094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2690385960094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2006565300094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Prayers would be appreciated!

Hi ladies,

I've still got power, but I've also just finished quilting a king sized quilt with wool batt. It's my brother and families Christmas gift, but we may use it if the power goes out.

Pat, I've got an electric chain saw, let me know when (after the roads no longer require chains), and I'll come rip that thing apart for you.

Praying for everyone in the storm.

Barbara - Is it south of Klamath Falls? I used to live there 100 yrs ago.

Beth, I called 2 of my landscaping buddies and they will probably come up tomorrow (if the ice is gone) and check things out. There is a chain saw in the garage but it is gas powered with a rip cord - I don't do rip cords!!! So the electric chain saw may just do the trick. I'll let you know about your offer after my buddies check things out. Thanks for the offer!!:cool:

Patty Jo, that tree must come down, but not in an ice storm! :o

I've been listening to ice falling off the trees in the orchards all day. When it hits the ice glaze on the ground, it sounds worse than it is. I startle thinking it's limbs falling. So far, no limbs, just lots of ice chunks and snow. At the moment, 6:00, it's calm. I hope this is the beginning of the end.

Bonnie - I've heard all kinds of branches coming down, not just in my trees but around the neighborhood. The neighbor said he would be over with a chain saw in the morning to get some of the limbs cut out that are just hanging there. WOW - there are blue flashes all over the place from transformers blowing out. Beautiful, but scary. So far, we still have power. My house is all electric, so if the power goes out, there isn't any heat. I'll be going to a friends home to stay if we loose power. I keep telling myself to not get too excited. Stay calm, I'm in no danger etc..... First time I've gone thru something like this by myself. Bonnie Botts needs to come and visit and bring her generator!!!:cool:

Lynda, that's awesome. You made weather history!

Blue Flashes--transformers blowing? WOW

Patty Jo, small blessing--your utilities are underground!

DH says to apologize for not coming down there the day after we were there and cut down that tree! It would have been the perfect day--no wind, nice day. Sometimes you can't over think these things. Who would have known this would happen?

DD still has no power. They can't leave the house because it's a prefab and they would surely lose water pipes, AND they have goats and chickens... They are warm and snug with a space heater in the living room running on a generator. Pray this doesn't last very much longer.

Don't be afraid--we're here and you have neighbors in the same boat.

It's pretty bad here in NE too. Fridays storm gave us over 10 inches, and another one today - Sunday - that gave us almost as much. And it's going to be arctic tomorrow. Hope the snow falls from the trees with all the wind gusts before it freezes and gets too heavy. Son has been out doing tree work for 9 straight days and they had to take today off not just to get some rest but because of the really bad weather. He's out there 5:30am tomorrow. Hopefully this will be the last of it for a while

Kathy, where in MA are you? I'm about 45 min SW of Boston. The weather here is lousy as well. I spent a good part of Fri., Sat, and Sun shoveling out my drive way. Everytime I did, a few hours later it was covered over again.

How long till spring?

Dianne

CHANE OF PLANS FOR CHRISTMAS

Originally my DD was going to fly into Seattle and drive down to Portland for the Holiday. (DS is in Portland OR)

But when she got to the airport she was told there will be no flights to Seattle til Thursday.

So, I hope the weather in WA and OR improves for all of you who will be traveling.

Maybe I can get a webcam Christmas set up with my DS.

vg

Archived