Paper Doll quilts

Yes, the one in Fons and Porter is Sooo cute. I also ordered the paperdoll fabric just to make this quilt. My DGD is 2, and the perfect age for this quilt. She will love sticking the different clothes on the dolls. Got part of the fabric, just waiting for the dolls one to come.

I saw that too in Fons and Porter!! I love it!! I am going to get some too to make my 3 granddaughters! Now, couldn't you see a paper doll border, like the ones all hooked together at their hands? I think there's a name for that, but I can't think of it... Chain paper dolls, maybe? linda

Oh! Me too!!I want a paper doll quilt for my own!! I LOVED to play with paper dolls....Do you guys remember the Betsy McCall paper dolls in the McCall's magizine? OH....... I just couldn't WAIT till my mom got her magizine!! And I had many other paper dolls too! AHHHH..... the memories.....:):):):):):):):) linda

Heidi,

How old is your daughter? I think mine just might roll here eyes at me!

Here is the link: http://www.fatquarterworld.com/quilts/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_id=3381

Linda,

I hadn't thought of the Betsy McCall paper doll in years! You just jogged my memory!

My favorite memory is of us cutting people out of the catalog, a mom, dad, and several kids, whatever you wanted, and then setting up ourselves in the living room, each chair being a "house". Oh what fun!! We would go "visit" each other and just play and play and play!

Our DD had American Girl paper dolls but never had the fun of making something out of nothing. Those were the days! (I'm starting to sound like an old woman!!!)

LeeAnn my daughter is 24 and growing up. A few years ago she would have raised her eyebrows and probably snarled the nose! LOL She used to love to play paperdolls. I think Marth Pullen had a paperdoll pattern in one of her issues but I have no idea when it was. I would have to do some digging through my old Sew Beautiful Magazines. If I remember right there was a laundry basket on the front that the closes went in or something like. I remember then saying I wanted to make it one day. It was all done with embroidery but this sure would make quicker work of it.

Originally posted by lamedna

Heidi,

My daughter is 25 and is coming to grips with the fact she is a lot like me!

LeeAnn,

LOL my daughter is actually more like my hubby and you should see the two of them together...it is hillarious! She does have some of my traits but she doesn't seem to mind like she used to which is wonderful. I have my little girl back. When she was little I called her my Clingon because she never let me out of her site. That was until she hit about 10 or so. Then for over 10 years it was an up and down time. From 16 - 21 I used to tell her it was a good thing I really loved her because I sure didn't like her at the moment! Now we get along pretty good and I'm really enjoying our time together. She just broke it off with her fiance and called off the wedding and moved back home but it is all good. She is happier than I've seen her in about a year and seems to be content with her decision. I'm getting used to having somebody around again all the time! Really enjoying that she is cooking some of our dinners too! What a treat to come home to a hot cooked meal!

oh my, I have to mention rope swings, tire swings, sling shots, pea shooters.. bb guns..( that HURT!), grasshoppers for our children.. my they didnt'want to stay aorund long..

Nope, I'm not a he, but sure was raised in a neighborhood of all boys, and this old gal, young gal then, wasn't about to let them laugh at or beat me at anything.. even skiing down the neighbors barn-high hay stack and helping to ruin a pair of old wooden skiis. Ryder Bikes and the wagons, home made sleds..

weeding garden, washing canning jars.. lol ice cold water.. and we had to wipe every jar inside and out before we could take them in the house to be washed, scalded and used for new crops being canned at that time..

Sewing was my thing from about 5 or 6.. figured out real fast how to NOT cut the center out of a circle, so large 3 of us could easily stepped in. ROLOLOLOLOl

Those were the days, yes those were the days...

RitaR

I have been playing toys this week. I'm getting ready to move after 20 years in our farm house. Going through the store room I found my daughters two cabbage patch dolls, Caddy and Tilda. Well, they have to move with us. I had to wash their faces and give them hugs (did you know Mr. Clean magic eraser gets those dolly faces super clean?). My Pretty Ponies, the crimp and curl ones, I had to crimp their hair all pretty. Also found Glow Worm and he has to move with us. All the Barbie stuff! My daughter had kept a bunch of the PEZ dispensers. I have been doing very well with the empty nest, but finding all those special toys really tugged at my heart. You girls who still have your kids home, cherish this time.

Archived