Of all the silly luck

I wait 14 to 20 years to go sledding with grandkids, haven't until today, been on a sled in 46 years and we can't even get out of the driveway. :P Tried, well, we can get out, just not back in. He's putting cable chains on now, hoping we can get about another 6 feet up into the drive and safely away from the edge of the road. Dead end road, and only 3 vehicles went out today.. mail was delivered.. Most all Dr. offices are closed.. my appt. was canceled.. and himself is half a block down the road, going the wrong way. ROFL..

the day the family will never forget.

RitaR

Rita,

Hope you get the vehicle back in the drive. The good news is that it has stopped snowing here... the bad news is that it will not warm up enough to melt the snow.

Wouldn't you know that I left our snow shovel in the house we rented in VA last year. So the 6 inches will be staying on my driveway until it melts. :)

Remember in NC there are only 3 types of winter drivers

1) Lived where it snowed, know how to drive in and but don't understand that we don't have that many snow plows and they may never be seen on the road you live on.

2) From an area where it doesn't snow or they don't know how to drive in it, but they do it anyway.

3) The rest of us that know how to drive in the snow, or have lived her long enough to know that the roads will not be cleared any time soon. We are more that happy to wait it out and let groups 1 & 2 work out the accident claim forms.

Hope you are having a great snow day and staying toasty warm!

Oh, heck, you know what.. I'm having a ball... throwing pieces of bread and peanut butter to the bvirds.. eventually one decides something made that hole and goes to investigate and the flock overpower.. thowing apple slices, banana, cheerios, unsalted raw nuts.. squirrel loves them.. birds couldn't care.

Well, I went out, made a snow angel.. somehow the body is just like a barrell.. ROFL.. too funny... also snow is so dry sled wouldn't scoot so he pulled me about 40 feet across the lawn,, sled and I sank and I was only visible from the waist up. lol... still fun.. forgot for a long time, to eat some snow, so had to run out and do that.. Dry stuff is sort of flat. LOLOL

loving just the beauty of it.. the sights, got some picts.. been quilting up a storm.. on a stormy quilt, called Mars, Batik orange/brown/icky/black and black background.. going blind I think.. Actually that isn't funny.. having a LOT of trouble with vision the last two days.. need to see the eye surgeon for annual check up before long. Thinking it's mostly steroids and prednisone.

So, from NW and MW, upper MW,., we know how to drive in snow, so shall be good kids for a little while and stay home.. but will sled with grandkids even if it is 4 a.m. and on only 10 feet of snow.. Yup I'll go dig them out.

RitaR

Rita - you'ld better behave! Did you really have himself pulling you through the snow - that is so funny!!

How come we missed the snow???!!!! It hit the mountains, skipped the triad and made it to the triangle!! I'm so bummed!

Remember - don't eat the yellow snow!!!:D Find a recipe for snow cream!! Watch the chocolate chip flakes in the snow too!:P

Angela - you have lived in NC way too long!!! ... and you have the snow drivers pegged. I have never figured out why people here love to tail gate - the more dangerous the conditions, the closer they drive to ya'!!!

Rita, thanks for taking all the snow before it got to Virginia Beach! They kept telling us the snow was coming, coming, no snow. Can you believe they closed all the schools because the weather guessers were positive the snow was coming. Lots of other stuff closed. I don't go near the roads here when it snows heck, people here can't drive in the rain.

Well, what you see in the two picts is the extent of my playing in the snow. Got over there, found out the hill which I was told was Not a road or Street, actually is, and No it doesn't have fences and guard rails to hit nor standing water at the bottom, but the snow is all gone and they are back to using it for a regular road again, and the kids, didn't want to have to find another place.

Guess I'll go play by myself and p on it. May even play with the peed on snow.

RitaR

You are too much Rita! And I'm not talking about the BBSA.

But playing with yellow snow is taboo!

Thanks for the pictures.

I found hazelnut fabric at the LQS yesterday. I think I might have to buy a whole bolt of it for my signature fabric. It's from RJR, Farmer's Market 2008.

Hey Angela...You've definitely got the drivers pegged in the triangle area. The great thing is that many employers around here accommodate those in #3 and try to protect those that aren't. We were closed for the day...woohoo!

The snow was beautiful and I had all intentions of using the unexpected day off quilting...but my dogs had so much fun in the snow I spent the day taking pictures and cleaning them up!

Wish I could have spent the day with Rita! You sound like a hoot! My himself is a little (well, maybe alot) reserved and doesn't appreciate my childlike tendencies. Playing in the snow would have been alot of fun with someone like Rita!

YoooooHoooooo Anita'

What classes are you taking at Ye Olde Forest Quilt shop in March.. So far I'm going gangbusters... managing to fund one class with Sue..

This should give us a big boost to the long arm interest and business in this area, right?

Hope to see you then/there.... can't remember off hand which day it is..

Should give us a good chance to meet and chat up a bit during lunch.

RitaR in Sanford.

If I'd not been dumped in the snow while nude one night.. I would go out in the buff and make a nude angel. am sure the neighbors would call someone, infrared light, night vision camera and splatter me... ROFLFMHO.. dang that snow was COLD.

RitaR

Connie, so far all I can manage is one class. by Sue Patton, Free Motion Possibilities... Doubt with the health issues theyve come up with now, that I'd be able to take more than one. Might be having surgery on one, possibly both arms between now and then.

At least I'll be able to sit and watch if not actually do any practice.. will depend.

Looking forward to meeting you... LOLOL, bring me some seconds from Quilters Dream.. will pay you some for gas gladly as well as the products.. but with 4 of you in the car, guess theres no room... just enjoy and drive safely.

RitaR

Archived