edgerider wheels for sale

• 3 weeks later...

While I was at a class on Saturday, my DH installed my new Edgeriders. Fast shipping - I only ordered them on Wednesday.

Initially, he was not happy with the install because the horizontal channel locks seemed to drag and the Edgerider package did not include parking wheels to replace the ones on my Gammill.

When I got thome, we adjusted the channel lock to its highest position and no more drag. I have to admit that I do miss the parking wheels. The Gammill has 4 back wheels on the rails, 2 of which allow the carriage to drop down into a parking position with the handlebars locked outside the frame. I don't have that anymore. I rigged a stopper so I don't drive off the end of the table. Yikes, that would be bad.:D.

After replacing 2 wheels due to flat spots that I call pot-holes, I decided that enough was enough. I love the control that I have again, like when my machine was new.

Would you guys recommend these to a newbie? I just put on a preprinted panel and I couldn't even outline a butterfly. I know I could draw it, but I feel like I have to manhandle the machine. I did check the wheel settings. I guess I am too new and haven't gotten comfortable yet. I suppose if this were a business and I did it everyday it would help.

Vicki

I have a 2008 Millie with ER wheels. I find the ER wheels much smoother which makes it easier for me to control the machine. At Innovations last fall, Amy talked about APQS trying out the ER wheels several years ago and noted the problem of flat spots occurring on the wheels when they sit too long. ER did note the problem of the earlier wheels and has since changed their wheels. Amy went on to say that APQS has not tried them since and so she could not make an up to date comment. She was not against the ER wheels but also felt the APQS wheels of today are very good. I just feel the ER wheels are better - personal opinion. There are many of us with APQS machines that have ER wheels.

my older APQS Ult II has edgeriders as well....and yes they will and are made for ALL the makes and models out there....Gammell, A-1, Nolting, APQS...HQ's you name it they make 'em. It was one of the best after market purchaes that I could have done to my machine.....would never go back to the brown wheel...still have them, but they will never go back on.

Linnea, you're right - I've bought, received and already have them on my "Harley". The machine is so very sweet now. Used to be rather stiff and the stitch regulator wouldn't always work properly. The ER wheels solved that problem. The old wheels weren't allowing proper contact with the SR.

Thanks girls!

With all the positives, I think I'll get them now, and when my machine comes, I'll put them on right away!

I think there are only a few places that sell them, right? If you look at their website, www.edgeriderwheels.com you can find a dealer. Edgerider no longer sells retail.

Thanks again, this is an awesome group!!!:P:P:P

Linnea:D:D

Archived