QHC - HMQS - MQS - I'm sooo excited...

Hello everybody,

After having been in hiding for quite some time now with no chance to check out the forum on more than a sporadic basis, I'm feeling the urge to share with my online friends all the excitement connected for me with the three shows mentioned in the subject line.

QHC - There will be an invitational fashion show during Quilter's Heritage Celebration in Lancaster, PA on April 3rd. I didn't know about either the show or the fashion show before, but got invited to have three of my quilted outfits included in the fashion show! This is so exciting as I've been contacted as a designer - ME, who only has made three quilted outfits so far!!!

So, anybody in the Lancaster, PA area who doesn't know what to do next week Friday between noon and 2pm, you may want to check out this event.

HMQS - When I was asked if I'd consider to give a short presentation about myself and my work during the HQMS lunch break session on Friday, May 8th, this sounded quite casual and I agreed. Well, it turns out I'll be one of the featured artists at HMQS this year! I'm a bit nervous about this...

MQS - I'm so looking forward to attending MQS again this year. Plus, I will be teaching three classes. There are still a few openings in my hands-on class #213 (Fabulous Freehand Fun for Blocks, Borders & Backgrounds). If you prefer demo classes, you may want to check out my other two classes #421 (Wholecloth Quilting - Efficient, Yet Spectacular) and #510 (Exploring the potential of Freehand Fillers). Working out these subjects and making the sample quilts has been a lot of fun, which I hope to share with you in class!

I'm looking forward to meeting "old" friends and making new ones once more! This will be one exciting trip for me and I hardly can wait till May 7th is here. In exactly six weeks today, I'll be sitting in an US-bound plane waiting for the fun to begin...

See you all then,

Birgit

WOW...what an honor to be asked to do these shows....I really have admired your fashion items...and so jealous. That is just something I don't think I have in me to get done.

Now I wish I was able to attent MQS... I didn't realize you were on the teaching schedule.

... for all your nice words, Jolene and Kerry.

Bonnie, I actually never had planned to start making quilted garment. This is one of the things that just have happened - weird, isn't it?

Shana, you don't know how much I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. This will be fun.

Linda, this will be my first ever time to teach a longarm class. I'll try to bring across my approach to longarming - and to enjoy doing it! We'll have lots of fun - I hope...

Birgit

I will be at HMQS for the entire time, hope to see you there. I will try to find you and maybe we could do dinner. I think I'm going by myself. Haven't figured out if I'm going to MQS yet. My husbands sister lives there, but don't know if I can afford 2 shows in 2 weeks. After taking Sue and Karen's classes in South Dakota, I had to buy a few things. (I just got the credit card bills for thread, etc) OOP's.

Shirley

Shirley - I'd love to meet you during HMQS. As I'll be giving my presentation at noon on Friday, you'll probably have less difficulties finding me than vice versa. Looking forwad to meeting you there.

Everybody else - thank you so much for all you congrats. I'll give my best to meet the expectations.

Counting the days in Germany,

Birgit

Hi,

Yes I will also be attending. I am not sure what day we are in the area for a different convention and I am coming from Provo. It was so exciting when I found out they were at the same time. I would love to meet up if it works. Any other Moxie quilters going? I will try for Friday to catch the noon time talk.

Melora

Archived