Kim Brunner's Twirly Whirly Feathers

Hi everyone, I just have to show you how great Kim's feather book and dvd are. I've been practicing on paper ever since I received her book just before Easter and today I did my first feathers on a quilt. I know they're not perfect, but I think they turned out pretty good considering what my first drawings looked like. I will recommend her book to everyone I know who wants to learn feathers. She's awesome.

Feather Quilt

2465603020104847959S425x425Q85.jpg

Up Close of Feathers

2457701610104847959S425x425Q85.jpg

Back of Quilt

2860381890104847959S425x425Q85.jpg

I second Debbie's recommendations! I had a quilt this week to do that was kind of geometric and was crying out for me to practice what I've learned from Kimmy's and Myrna's DVD's lately. The quilt was for a long time customer of mine who is such a sweetie and also battling cancer right now. I called and asked if I could practice some of the new techniques I've learned but only charge her for the E2E that she had asked for. Well, she was so pleased and thanked me profusely for wanting to do this! Made me realise that it only takes a little giving on our part to totally make a difference to someone who's going thru' a tough time.....and I get to practice twirly-whirly's to boot!!!

Archived