New Quilt nead ideas

I think it would look cool to have a lot of radiating lines coming from the star protruding out to where the boats are. The radiating lines would go behind the boats as background fill in the sky area (don't quilt lines on the fish, inner border, boats or sails). I blocked out the fish area because the radiating lines should not go through the fish, either.

My main idea had to do with the lines out to the edge as background design behind the boats (sea and sky). You would have a lot of stops/starts to avoid the fish and the boats/sails but it would look really cool. You could add as many radiating lines as you wished to give it more detail. The more the better (I think!) (yes I am crazy) :P

I don't have any ideas for the fish or HSTs but you could do some fun waves in the HSTs and some fishie designs. :)

Here's my concept:

post--13461901757037_thumb.jpg

I ditto Julie. I think the star needs the radiating lines, but I would like to see movement and soft waves/air movement behind the boats to soften the lines a bit.

I like Caudia's design very much, but think it is too busy as well. It is a beautiful "simple"quilt and has strong design elements. Whatever you decide on Merete, your quilts are always beautiful!!

Regards,

I like the idea of the CC in the sails and half square triangles - it would give movement. Then McT the white background and if you have room do the little letters N,S,E,W....if you have room....then do those little squiggly lines radiating from the center of the star out to the tips....and use Rainbows thread.

Archived