Thanks, Barb Mayfield - She rocks the HOUSE!

I've called her on a couple of occasions on a weekend when I knew the APQS office was closed and she's helped me fix a couple of minor things (or answered some questions for me). Barb always has the best attitude and goes the extra mile. APQS is lucky to have a rep like Barb Mayfield. She is a jewel, a gem, a diamond and a peach.

Originally posted by barbm

......it's exciting to get a phone call from the North Pole - brings out the little kid in me.....;)

LOL! I was just at the Santa Claus house this weekend (buying a gift) and I heard Santa -- he was back in his area probably sitting in his big chair. He was Ho-Ho-Ho-ing (he just got back from wintering in Arizona). Yup, even Santa is a Snowbird!! :D:cool:

OK, you don't have to tell me how great Barb Mayfield is. Everybody knows that. ;)

But did you know that there were 4 or 5 Barb Mayfields?

Yeah, I'm sure of it because everywhere I went at MQS, I ran into Barb working there.

She was on the show floor helping out before the show opened.

She was stuffing envelopes in the info center by the elevator.

She was working the IMQA booth.

She was working at the Super Sampler.

There must be more than one of her to do all that she does.

We love you, Barb.:)

Originally posted by ramona-quilter

OK, you don't have to tell me how great Barb Mayfield is. Everybody knows that. ;)

But did you know that there were 4 or 5 Barb Mayfields?

Yeah, I'm sure of it because everywhere I went at MQS, I ran into Barb working there.

She was on the show floor helping out before the show opened.

She was stuffing envelopes in the info center by the elevator.

She was working the IMQA booth.

She was working at the Super Sampler.

There must be more than one of her to do all that she does.

We love you, Barb.:)

I agree with the multiple Barb Mayfield sightings at MQS! That woman was always doing something (volunteering, taking classes, hanging out at the table downstairs, eating a plate full of chicken strips at 11:00 PM with a bunch of drunk 20-somethings at a bar down the street cuz everything else was closed for the night....), and always with a VBG on her pretty face. She seemed to be everywhere I turned. Maybe she was following me!! :o:P

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

eating a plate full of chicken strips at 11:00 PM with a bunch of drunk 20-somethings at a bar down the street

Hey, you make me sound like a 20-something drunk! And I was with nice, elegant quilter ladies!:P:P:P

And there ARE more of me: I AM a Gemini, after all.....;)

Truthfully, I had a blast at MQS - and helping out makes the time fly soooo fast! And you get to hang out with the nicest quilters (you know who you are!):P:P:P

And I'm blushing again......

uhh... Julie, that was TMI... :P

Barb, the part about the 20-something drunks at the bar didn't come out like I wanted it to (sorry) what I meant to say was that a bunch of us boring (and tired) old, yet very nice and very elegant quilter ladies were sitting at a table on the other side of the room eating chicken strips while the younger 20-something crowd was over at the bar having way too much fun! :P If we didn't have to get up at 6:30 AM for 8:00 AM quilting classes the next morning, I think we all would have joined them in some tequila shooters or something. ;) lol

"some tequila shooters or something"

Shana, ever had a drink called a Copper Camel? Bailey's Irish Cream and Butterscotch Schnapps - goes down soooo smooth!;)

And FYI, Julie roomed with me, Renae and Sue on the last night of MQS - although we almost had another roomie, Glenda -- but that's a different thread.......:cool:

"some tequila shooters or something"

Shana, ever had a drink called a Copper Camel? Bailey's Irish Cream and Butterscotch Schnapps - goes down soooo smooth!;)

No, I haven't tried that before, but it sounds good on a cold day outside playing in the snow. Now-a-days I just stick to drinking fine wine and cheap beer.

although we almost had another roomie, Glenda -- but that's a different thread.......:cool:

Let's just not go there ... :D

"Now Barb, I thought you preferred hot sex !! now get out of that one"

Well, Glenda, I think I'm the only one who has had "Hot Sex on a Millie"!!:P:P:P:P

But I'd be glad to share at some future event......

[Now my DH tells me I better be careful who I share Hot Sex with.....]

Wow, sounds like you grillies had way too much fun at MQS! So if the Wild Women don't come to St. George, Utah next year, I'm booking my schedule for MQS! Would love to meet you all in person! I think I saw Nancy Jo at HMQS but it was just a brief sighting. LOL:cool:

WELL I was tossing up between Houston Quilt Festival or MQS to visit some time soon and you girls just made my choice a whole lot easier.

I have visions in my head that I need to process.:P:P:P

I just have one problem, I don't drink, can I still come and play someday;)

And even more on Barb....

Memorial day....you know, the HOLIDAY...:D:D:D:D Barb and her ever supportive co-hort and hubby Mike were over in Post Falls installing Edgreriders for someone. THEN :(:(:( they came over and took Lola apart and took her home with them. :(:(:(:( Even though I cried a lot, Barb took it in stride and will take really good care of my Lola. They are both the greatest. Barb, girlfriend, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. At least I know that Lola is in good hands. Maybe someday....I'll get to unpack my life out of storage and be a quilter again. There are no two ways about it, APQS has some fabulous dealers.

:cool::cool::cool:

Patty: sorry I haven't gotten the notes to you yet! I've been dancin' as fast as I can these past few months.....:o I'll try to get to them just as soon as I can.

And Nancy Jo: I'm honored to give Lola a home for as long as you need - she didn't need another wild cross-country trip!;) We'll keep her safe and dry and warm until you're ready to take her to a new home. Keep your chin up, sis! <<<<<< hugs >>>>>> to you:D

Archived