Trimming trees in the country--check it out.

Right now we have no power as they are trimming the trees the trunk line for the power. This poor pilot has his head hanging out the side of the helicopter watching the blade. The blade has 20 24' blades on it. It was fascinating to watch. Wouldn't have his job though. I think I have a stiff neck from quilting, think of this poor guy. :o

post--13461901901456_thumb.jpg

I have never seen anything like this. I've seen booms for hazelnut trees and machines that trim the tops of corn stalks, but nothing like a "rotary cutter from heaven" like this. This pilot must get a fat paycheck.:)

I'll bet the whole thing makes an awesome sound.:o Another world!:cool:

Originally posted by Boni

I have never seen anything like this. I've seen booms for hazelnut trees and machines that trim the tops of corn stalks, but nothing like a "rotary cutter from heaven" like this. This pilot must get a fat paycheck.:)

I'll bet the whole thing makes an awesome sound.:o Another world!:cool:

Hey, I am in Virginia. Just outside of Richmond

It looks like a giant hedge trimmer held up and down. Amazing. You would think that it would have someone other than the pilot watching what the trimmer was doing so the pilot could concentrate on flying the helicopter. We mostly have boom trucks or men that can shimmy up the tree with ropes.

Charlotte

That looks really dangerous. The Hydro crews come every year to trim our trees back from the lines but they do that from a bucket truck, not near as exciting as this. I have a tree trimmer coming to the yard today to do some work, I wonder if he will bring his helicopter?????

I am with MaryBeth, I wil stick to answering phones!

Archived