AFRAID NO MORE

I have been afraid of using a 3.5 needle. Heard stories of shredding thread, snapping thread, terrible needleflex, etc.

I recently quilted a Quilt with a 4.0 needle, Maxilock Swirls on top, polyester on the bottom and Bamboo batting. Oh my, it was terrible. I had to wash the Quilt (for my online store) first and most pokies disappeared.

Thursday I spend the day with my friend Cher who lurks here sometimes Hello Cher (waves and smiles) and she was telling me she uses 3.5 on her Millie all the time. So this morning I took my heart in my hand, inserted a 3.5 needle, used the same thread combo, backing and batting and quilted another Quilt for my store. Not a pokie in sight! No thread breaking, snapping, shredding, and I still quilted like a speedy gonales after the inital first row.

Lesson learned. I am getting smarter.

Hi Monika!! I have always ued a 3.5 needle! I think I changed the 4 that was in there after something Myrna had said on her beginner's video. I think......I just remember somewhere either talking to her or the video. But , reguardless, I have always used the 3.5 and not had any troubles at all with the needle. I think you'll like it! linda

I just put my last 3.5 in the machine this morning so I guess I must have used them at some point. I remember changing to the 4.0's to run the heavier thread. Most of the time I use Bottom Line or Sew Fine so the smaller needle is probably just fine for me.

Archived