Looking for silver fabric

I'm trying to find fabric with silver in it. I have several pieces of black, blue, and white that have some silver but I need a few more for the quilt I'm making. The blue is a dusty shade with a tendency to periwinkle. I've googled and all I find are specialty fabrics, even when I google cotton fabrics. Do you know any online shops that might carry some?

Try www.overrainbow.com I don't have time right now to look, have to leave for church, but she did have some a while back.

By the way, if you have never bought from her, she has great prices and very good service. Her 'shop' is not too far from me and I go up there to shop from her warehouse once in a while with one of my quilt groups.

Funny this should come up....I just happen to be piecing a top from 2 charm packs of the 50 new colors of Fairy Frosts, they are so gorgeous I could not choose just one so I got them all!!!! (plus yardage from the original line, with silver frost, 'champaigne', I think). There is a periwinkle color in the new line and the charm packs are widely available right now. It should not be hard to find a local shop who carries the charm packs so you could choose just the right shade.

this is me thinking out of the box-

if you can't find the exact one- make it. what i mean is: get a fabric in the color you want, get a shiva metallic paintstick (or other fabric paint) and create your own....i'm constantly altering fabrics for what i need...you can also do foiling: involving fusible and silver foil....

as my granny would say: more than one way to skin a cat...(and no i don't have a clue what she meant, but i do know she didn't mean a feline cat, i heard that back in the days that men who laid the RR ties for the rails were called 'cats' so i imagine the saying came from there*shrug* sorry)

www.webfabrics.net (not .com). I buy from here all the time. I just did a quilt for a lady recently for her son who wanted silver fabric. I was shocked they actually sold it in cotton. I prewash and the fabric I bought was a Michael Miller - Coal I think.

Mary

Ok, here's what I have and I'm just thinking I need to add a few more. It is for our 25th anniversary of the guild I'm in and the challenge is to make a silver quilt. I will be draping some angelina over part of the blocks. The gray colored solid is a silk I got from Claudia at MQS. I'll be doing some Drunkard's path design that I think I have worked out in the sketch attached. I saw a couple of great pieces of fabric on Hoffman's site but can't find them in a store or online.

post--13461902111609_thumb.jpg

Archived