handy {cheap} gadget

i've never been a fan of the scissor zingers....that is til i found this one-

when you pull it out it STAYS out til you push the button...i don't like to have to fight the zinger wanting to pull the scissors back to cut....

oh and the best part- i picked up 6 (and will go back today for the rest: christmas presents) at my local Dollar Tree dollar store....sweet.....i do believe it is the cheapest quilting notion i have come across :P

i looked on their website- it's not listed, sorry....

post--13461902360152_thumb.jpg

I broke mine last week, but it was the kind that snaps back right away. I had a spare, which is like the one you have, but am having a hard time getting used to pushing the button to reel it back in! I really liked my other one but you really have to be careful not to let it snap back on it's own...ask my right boob how we know this!!!

Originally posted by doodlebug

i dropped a pair one time, they were my favorite! pair cause they were pointy and had sharp tips....yup, they stuck straight up in the top of my foot....that's why from then on, when i drop scissors, i take three steps backwards, FAST

Man I did this same thing once only I had my tenny's on and the sharp tips just stuck in the tongue of my shoe....man I too learned the fast two step...:cool::cool:

I found this Magnifying Necklace at my local Dollartree.

Didn't realize how handy it is until I started using it.

Whenever I want to check tension or thread a needle, My Magnifer is right there. It doesn't get in the way, but is always handy!!

Have actually had people ask about my "Neat Necklace".

I bought several and have given them to my Customers as a little thank-You, and they just love them.

post--13461902365177_thumb.jpg

If you can find them, you should get as many as you can. I have been to 4 Dollar Trees in Portland OR and they don't have any. They say they haven't had them for a while. So their supply must move from west to east.

It looked like it would be really handy though.

I used to use the retractable holders that you can just clamp to your clothing. I went through about 2-3 per month! I use them so much the cable snaps. I gave up on them, made a chantelain (sp?) and tied my scissors to it with a piece of cord elastic. Works great. My scissors are always handy and I haven't broken the elastic once in over a year. If I do, I just need to tie a new piece on!

Thanks Merry Jo for that. I have been looking for a new one, but I hate the ones that have a slip grip on the back because I keep having to stretch out the collars on my tee shirts lol. I have been looking for the clip on type, but now I'm going to use your suggestion and just pin the sucker on. I wish I knew what you mean by chantelain??

Archived