Labor Day weekend

I still have carpet in most of my house. I just can't decide whether to rip it out and chase dust bunnies, or keep the carpet and let the critters lay low. :P

Your floors sure do look beautiful, and that's the finished project. My, what you had to go through to get it to this point. It took me a week to refinish a bathroom once and I thought I'd never get done.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Be proud:) and enjoy the new!

Boni I have hardwoods in my kitchen, foyer and breakfast nook and in my studio. I have tile in the bathrooms. I have carpet everywhere else and I too have debated taking the carpet out but really after chasing dust bunnies I decided that I didn't want it throughout the house. I may change my mind some day. I do love it in my studio since I don't get pins stuck in the carpet. I did have to put a small carpet under my DSM because my chair rolled too easily!

When we built, we did hardwood everywhere except the bath and mudroom....tile there. When I see the amount of dust we track in, I sometimes regret it; but then, all that dust would still be here--just camoflauged in carpet. Not sure that's better. What will be better, is when we're actually organized, only enter through the mudroom and take our shoes off before walking on the hardwood. Now, if I could only get the pups to take their paws off, I'd have it made:)

Originally posted by LinneaMarie

All I can say is WOWZER!!! Beautiful floors. We have hardwood under carpet, but hubby won't let me rip out out and refinish. He said our German Shepard would ruin hardwood. Too bad. I love hardwood!:(

My whole house is hardwood except the bath and kitchen...we have a very heavy Akita...and her toe nails don't hurt the flooring at all. When she start to click she gets a spa day with the Dremel tool. When she sees the tool box come out she lays on the floor and just waits for me. To cute for sure. Not sure if she likes the shorter nails or the nail polish I sometimes put on her.

Archived