Bobbin Winder

Lib

Can anyone give me any ideas regarding bobbin winders? I have one attached to my Milli but it doesn't seem to want to wind bobbins like it used to. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to whether I should fix the one on my machine or would I be better off to buy a seperate one?

Lib

Hi Lib,

My milli has a separate bobbin winder, the first one that came with machine did not wind properly so APQS shipped out a new one and it works great but I think the purchase price is over $300. I wonder if the "Bobbin winder" that recently came out for DSM would work for our bobbins?

Sorry not alot of help. Have you called APQS and asked if there is any adjustments you can make to the one on your machine?

Best of Luck,

Sherry

Originally posted by Quilter 4 Jesus

I wonder if the "Bobbin winder" that recently came out for DSM would work for our bobbins?

If it is the same one that comes with the Lenni yes it does. In my opinion I would buy a different one. As I live in the UK I managed to source the parts so that DH could make me my own industrial bobbin winder.

There are several threads on bobbin winders.

Tracy G

I really liked the idea of using my sewing machine, however, I have a Janome and the APQS bobbin doesn't fit on it. I can't bring myself to pay over $300.00 for a winder but I think I will check out some of the quilting stores up here and see what they have.

Linzi, thanks for the info re the discussion on winders. I will check that out.

Lib

Lib,

I like you I use Janome sewing machines. Our bobbins for the milli look like the ones that fit on the kenmore machine a friend of mine had. I also think there is some singer machines that may take that style bobbin. I don't know if I would be comfortable using bobbins wound on a DSM in my milli??? You might try ebay or search for used bobbin winders for the LA.

Good Luck,

Sherry

Archived