Oh I am soooooo excited!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol Heidi.....I am still fidgeting and that front base plate slider knobby thingy is getting very stiff and hard to slide in and out to lock/unlock the baseplate. Some olive oil is it needing????? Yes, before you ask, the screws are free and not dragging on the bottom, it just started that "resisting", any ideas?

I talked to Adam and my little slider problem is taken care off. Between phonecalls, auto repair, packaging a Quilt sale for its new home, watching the DVD I did get a little design done. Not perfect, but I am getting the feel for my Gizmo and the Spirograph is on the agenda for tomorrow.

So, don't look to close at my sample, remember, you asked for it!

post--13461902745365_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by kennan100

Yay Monika! Now, since we pestered Monika for her pics, I think we need pics from everyone else that bought a QZ!! Kristina has shared her pics, who's next? Holly?

I used yellow thread on muslin and the photos did with my blackberry didn't turn out too good but here goes.

post--13461902746164_thumb.jpg

So I played a bit this morning doing a few examples. Easy as pie (I can't bake pie to save my life) really, as long as one remembers to tighten all the knobs, my head must be black and blue from all the slaps I gave myself for NOT tightening something.

I really believe that with very little practice the QZ is an awesome tool. As you can see from the pictures, the lines are not "wobbly" (except when I didn't tighten something). I will be making a simple quilt top with squares today or tomorrow and place a spiro design in each square. I will let you kn ow how that turns out.

So far I am very happy with the accuracy and I love the way the Stylus sits in the grooves, there is NO wobbly or "looseness" for a better word.

Back to work.

post--13461902747613_thumb.jpg

Monika,

Yup easy peasy ans our Shana would say! Looking good and it looks like you've got it down! Isn't it addictive? I still have to slap myself up side the head for forgetting to tighten something. I keep telling myself, loosen, lock, tighten. Don't forget to try creating your own designs. Works especially well with the small spirographs then step out the square by 3 or 4 and watch what happens! Make sure you write it down so you can repeat it if you really like it!

The Quiltazoid's spirograph is capable of over 600 spiro designs...more if you nest them and add circles around the outside of them. Also, the more you play with the quiltazoid and learn how the designs are created...you can adapt them to other designs.

I am unfamiliar with the CL spiro thing, so cannot comment.

I do know however that the QZ is very accurate and designs can be repeated over and over with ease. :)

Archived