Need suggestions

How would you guys quilt this block. I'm working on a sampler quilt and its killing me! Many of the blocks just aren't talking to me...how dare they :mad::mad::mad:. This is one of them. I just can't decide what to do on it to perk it up. It is a giant block, I think like 15 x 15. The piecer likes geometric kind of designs. I have tried lots of different things on this one but nothing is saying, yes do that!

post--13461902795536_thumb.jpg

Lisa the frabric in my drawing is from EQ so not the fabric used in the block at all, although there are 3 greens, two dark one light and then the pinkish paisly.

I had planned on the stippling in the background but those trees are driving me crazy. Nothing I draw on them seems to look good. I'm SIDing all of the blocks. It just looks so much better than just line dancing. So far I have 6 blocks done and I liked the way they all came out but this one is making me a bit crazy. Maybe I'll just do line work on it and call it a day! What do you think? I think this will meet her need for geometric and not hurt my brain any further :P:P:P:P

post--1346190279641_thumb.jpg

Shana & Tracey - I'm never going to look at grass skirts and banana's the same way again...I can't get the picture out of my head! LOL

Marie I did that too but I think it goes away too much from the look of the quilt. The quilt has a mixture of blocks in it but the fabric is a woodsie kind of Adirondack look. I think the straight lines actually look the best so far with everthing else. Keep coming up with ideas though. My cleaning still ain't done!

Archived