Quilting suggestions please

This quilt would be a great place to play with different backgroud fills. If you have Darlene Epps Pocket guides or any of Deloa's books you can just play and have fun. Of course a panto would look good too. I too would probably use a darker thread. I'm thinking Mother Goose (signature) or Granite Peak (459 SoFine) would also look nice. I would puddle some different colors and see what looks best.

This would be a nice quilt to do some free hand work. Maybe water ripples or tear drops.....i see water with the blue and brown fabrics. These designs are gender neutral too since you didn't mention who it is for. This is important when approaching your quilting to know if it needs masculine or feminine quilting.

I agree with Shana, I definately see a medium beige thread so it is seen equally on the light and dark fabrics.

Have fun with the quilting, it is a very pretty quilt.

I think a panto would be fine. If you're still new at this and not real confident with freehand, a panto will fit the bill. I have a Fil-Tec Glide thread that's the color of antique bronze or gold. It's a high sheen thread and blends with more colors than you would imagine. Bobbincentral.com has a good array of these threads, and they ship quickly, quilt well, and at a good price. The brown threads are also a good choice. I have one of these quilts to do myself, only in brighter colors. They're kinda neat quilts. My SIL does these puzzles, so you know who mine is going to!:D

Hi! I did one of these with different sized overlapping cirles all over...nothing less than 3" across. Where the circles intersected I did practice fillers...stipple in one, feathers, pebbling, x-hatching...the overlaps were large enough to try it out, and it wasn't overwhelming with just one type of filler.

She LOVED it!

Archived