Contractors!

Oh, they can be SUCH a pain!! Our contractor was supposed to be out last week to finish up the electrical, help Dennis install the on-demand water heater that feeds the sinks and the radiant floor, and set the toilet and install the sink. He's also doing all the wiring...Dennis took Tuesday off to work with him; he didn't show and he didn't bother to call. I was so angry; I'm so tired of sleeping in the living room!

Dennis called him and pointed out how many hundreds of thousands we've paid him over the years (he's worked with Dennis and built our original shop/house that burned, this house and our barn and now the yurt). When he came in and wanted a check; he got one. It ended up that he promised he would get our yurt done prior to his leaving for Hawaii (he's doing some building over there with his brother).

Dennis tried to reach him today and when he couldn't, he went home and there Marty was, working on the yurt without having called first. One more day and they'll be done; so...this is a long whiny story to say that when I get home on Friday, you'll have more pictures!!:) And one day soon, I'll be sleeping in a bedroom!!!!!!!:D:P:)

Yay! The end is in sight.

You'd think with the economy the way it is, contractors would be more conscientious. We have a lot of work to be done on our fixer upper...some of which is to fix work that was done poorly. We just can't seem to find workers that care.

Can't wait to see the finished yurt!

Anita

Monika...that is some yurt. Mine is a tad smaller...just a tad. Look here (my blog) and you'll see what it looks like now.

Good news, our contractor was out again today. Dennis got home and the plumbing has been "stubbed in" and the rest of the electrical is done. Of course, the propane delivery was made today too, but they didn't fill the tank for the yurt...

This has been an extremely long process, but we're getting there--it will happen!!!

Archived