Any idea to throw at me??

My 2 cents say to do some sort of spiral design through the pieced triangles rather than trying to outline individual leaves. I agree to DID around the stars and the sashing. I'd draw you a picture, but I don't know how to do so on the computer. Someone else will chime in here quickly though, I'm sure.

Linnea Marie---What a pretty quilt--and oh the possibilties on this one!!! I have the QZ and would use my "Little bit of everything" template to do these--but if you have the Aztec and the CL you should be able to put the 1/4 outline the stars and then some 1/4 outlineing of the circles and then just use leaves instead of feathers--and read what the design of the leaves are. Some looked like they filled the whole diamond piece and others looked like they formed a wreath around the star.

Didn't have an idea for the background pieces right now--but maybe just a fill with matching thread would be nice to showcase the stars!

Again--what a great quilt--have fun with it!!!

post--13461903051862_thumb.jpg

I agree with Terri on her designs............ there seems to be a "swirl come twirl" movement when you look a the stars. I would outline the Outside of the star only, then treat the centre so the movement remains.

I like the leaf treatment of the sashings as well.... fits in well with the overall fabric.

Whatever you decide, have fun! It is a beautiful quilt.

Regards,

Annie--I like the feathers with it--I don't usually mix feathers and leaves unless I am doing a vine type applique--but I really like it with this--gives it some more softness to all the pointyness of the stars.

...and Sylvia--I have seen some of your posts--and you can quilt beautifully too!!!

LinneaMarie---You have some great inspirations here to get started on that show quilt!!!!

Archived