NQR - Tonight is Idol

i love idol - hubby and i tivo every episode. i must admit - these early ones with all the 15 minutes of fame freaks are not my favorites, though. i think ellen is a riot - can't wait to see how she does - especially with the talentless contestants that are in the beginning..

it was just a matter of time before simon moved on - he has been threatening for years. i just dont get what is with these stars who are on a hit show and then they leave to pursue something else...why not ride out the hit and then do your pursuing? oh well, i read that he is going to bring his own show to fox...not sure that there will be enuf veiwers for 2 idol-like shows. we'll have to wait and see.

Huge IDOL fan here. But, on a personal note, I couldn't care if Simon was there or not. His constant negative, degrading comments will NOT be missed by me.

It's one thing to say "it could of been better...you need to work on "this", in my opinion, etc".

If they are saying IDOL will only survive if Simon's one of the judges....well, we will have to wait and see.

Having Ellen Degeneres, is going to be a refreshing HOOT for the show. The girl cracks me up like no other! I think she'll be the savior of the show after Simon leaves...but, again, we will wait to see.

Call me weird but I actually like Simon Cowell! :P I think he makes the show what it is. And, if you ask me, Simon's behavior is his showbiz "schtick" --- a lot of people buy into it that he is an ass, but he is playing it up and his behavior is purely entertainment. He's doing this on purpose because people (viewers) like to see conflict and drama. I equate him to the level of World Wrestling Federation when it comes to entertainment. I think the show will tank when he leaves. But, that said, I think "Idol" has pretty much risen to the top as far as it can go. In the beginning years, it drew in mostly "regular wannabe folks" and now you see the level of talent coming into this ,,, these people are already "professional" level entertainers that have had stage and voice training, etc. and are using Idol as a spring board to get them futher.

Ellen is a hoot. I love that girl. She's something else!!! :)

I'm a Simon fan , as well. It doesn't even bother me that he is a bit 'rude.' (I grew up in the North Jersey - where they tell it like it is) I think it was just what was needed to equalize Paula's incoherent, silly remarks. A bit of reality. I heard that his new show will also be on Fox, so I wouldn't rule out guest appearances on Idol for him in the future. It will be interesting to see if the show can go on without him.

I'm sorry to hear that Ellen won't be on the beginning episodes. I think the faces she makes are priceless - and what a forum for her faces those early shows would have been. Oh well maybe next year!

I too am an Idol fan and a Simon fan, although sometimes I think he is a bit too harsh. I don't like the comments he makes on people's looks but I do think most of the time he is dead on with their singing abilities. Ellen will definitely add some humor. I rarely watch the beginning episodes. They drag them out too long! I'll be listening as I quilt!

I'm waiting for IDOL too and I think I'll miss Simon when he leaves.. He can be mean for sure but sometimes I think he says what everyone else is thinking. I really like Ellen's TV show but I'm not so sure she is right for IDOL. When she was a guest last year I felt like she was too silly and didn't add any intelligent comments as a judge. Just MHO.

I'm an Idol fan too! Although I like to wait to watch until all the try outs are over with. I like when the real competition shows start in Hollywood.

Simon was especially rude last season I felt. Maybe he is just burnt out on doing the show and it is time to leave. Although he is usually right-on-the money with his evaluations.

I don't know if the show will survive without his sarcastic wit---and adorable smile! ;)

I'm not sure even sure how well Idol will do without Paula Abdul this season.

I like Ellen, but she is such a cut up all the time, ---I wonder how she will be as a judge, and just do that, and not try being the "star" of the show, and the judges panel. I could get tired of her after awhile I think---Just pondering the whole scenerio this year....It almost has turned into a show about the "Judges" on American Idol, and not about the talent anymore.

I watched a bit of the auditions last night---the only potential star I saw was "Mandy".

How long do these state by state audition shows last? another month or more?

Yes, I think Simon will be missed, but I'd like to wait and see how it all works out. I think we may be in for a big surprise with Ellen and how she contributes to the show.

I can't bear to watch the "beginning" portion of the shows. I feel so embarrassed for some of the singers I could just pull the quilt over my head and hide! :P:P:P I like it when it gets down to the teams, then I watch. :P:P:P

I think Idol is on Monday - Wednesday for a couple of weeks or so...then Hollywood. I don't know....I guess I'm not a true/blue Idol fan or I would know :D. I enjoy these first few shows. They run across some real, bad, talent. They also run across some that are not so bad, maybe pretty good, and yet they are not picked to go to Hollywood. That is exactly why I am not a judge. In the beginning I didn't like Simon, but then I started paying attention to what he was saying and found that for the most part, he was right on. I am not as blunt as he is, so maybe I am a secret admirer :) I think Randy is alright Dawg! But last night there were a few that I really felt sorry for and Randy kept laughing....maybe it is a nervous laugh...the same laugh I had when my parent were trying to teach me my multiplication tables....that I couldn't get....that I thought they would go off "the deep end" listening to me laugh....maybe Randy has the same laugh, maybe he is just nervous for the contestants. Ellen...I have no idea....I think she may add some comic relief, or not. It will give her more TV time, that is for sure....but I don't know if she will add to the show. I guess time will tell. Maybe I should continue this on my blog....because I seem to have a lot more to say about this then I thought :D Sorry, I got carried away.

here is my take ladies:

about the judges laughing - do you really think the contestants are serious? it seems to me the real bad ones (that the judges laugh at) are just there to get their butts on tv - that whole 15 minutes of fame thing. could they really be that out of touch to think they have a shot? no one is that dumb, are they?

about ellen - i think she will be great. think about it..she is replacing paula, who was basically incoherent. cara, randy and simon are the musical experts. paula/ellen is the feel good fluff.

about simon leaving - i think he will be hard to replace. not sure it can go on without him. we'll have to wait this one out and see.

Archived