NQR spending your Birthday all alone

Edie - Happy Birthday and don't mind getting old. When I hit 50 I got really depressed cause heavens, it's half a century. :( So I decided to look at it a different way. After 50, I decided I would start counting backwards. I figure that's the half way mark and as I grow older, I become more child like. By the time I hit 100, I'll be back in diapers with someone feeding me. :P

That's funny, Carol, I like that attitude!

Happy birthday, Edie! Today is mine and I had a lovely lunch with my quilty girlfriends, which was nice. But, actually, I am a homebody and cherish a day when I can have a "me" day ~ curl up with a book, watch my favourite tv shows....sometimes, I feel that if I don't watch out I could turn into a hermit! I am glad though that the friends were there for me today...this week also marks the 30 year mark of when I met my husband. I indulged in some memories and looking at a few old photos. Boy, I miss him every day but sometimes I reeeeealy miss him!

Happy Birthday, smile and have fun. I worried about getting old especially since I have no family close by however, the light came on and I thought about the alternative to old (and I don't mean young). I then prayed and thanked the Lord that I got to live another day.:cool::cool: Have cake, wine and lots of chocolate!!!!!

I too celebrate my birthday alone. I plan to do something special for me that day. I forget the diet, eat chocolate, sleep in, eat chocolate, sew, eat chocolate, make a special meal for me, eat chocolate... Can you tell I love chocolate? Also since I define " young whippersnapper" as anyone younger than me and I am 63, I here by dub you a young whippersnapper.

Happy Birthday just a little late from Southern Ohio!

Pamela

Here are some now belated b-day wishes from Oregon. I have 2 goals for when my birthday from now on, both learned from some friends. One is to be the oldest person at the gym. Okay, so I don't go to the gym, but I'll be the old chick on her bicycle. The gentleman I learned this from is probably in his 70's and currently has one person ahead of his goal. The other way I want to spend my day is riding my age in miles. Kevin will be doing 55 miles on his day I believe. Just think, you are only a Metric Century (62 miles). Hope you followed the suggestion from so many people above and did something really fun for yourself.

Beth

Edie, when I turned 60, some of my friends had already turned 60 and their families/friends had big parties for them and I was looking forward to celebrating my 60th. Also, I was feeling kind of sorry for myself or maybe dreading that birthday just a bit. Well, everyone, even my wonderful dh forgot it was my birthday and so my kids didn't call, my dh went out somewhere as he had made other plans and ya, you guessed it, I didn't get a party.

So I know how you are feeling. However, life goes on and that day I decided I could either sit around a feel sorry for myself or I could give myself a good and and so I did what many on this list have suggested, I gave myself a wonderful day. I also decided that I am not old. Hey, one of my most prolific customers is over 90 and produces a quilt top for me to quilt almost every month! So I figure I have a lot of good years and quilts left in me!!

I hope your day turned out well and that you are blessed with many more birthdays and lots of great quilty days.

Archived