Flying Geese Ideas Please

I have received a large quilt partly hand pieced,partly machine sewn to quilt. It is a raffle quilt and they do not want anything fancy, a pantograph is fine. Have any of you used a pantograph for flying geese? Suggestions welcome or would a circle lord work best? I have swirls,Babtist Fan,cirlces and feathers but haven't had much practice with CL yet. I was thinking of doing "winding roads" or sometimes called "reflected trees" following the direction of the flying geese. I have a number of beginners pantographs and I am able to do them well. Thanks for your help.Heather

Great Idea, I will send a picture to Kristina shortly. This is also the quilt I sent the lady back to remove the "wavy" borders and resew. I now have the job of attaching another 10" border all around (for a price). I am donating the quilting but they have bought the backing and batting from me. Another question do you prewash your backing? I am using bamboo which is not supposed to need it but I am wondering what your opinions are. Cheers, Heather

My first thought was clouds but then you could draw your geese out and used them a a stencil or fiund one and fill in with quilted geese. Or maybe interlocking floating triangles. How was the quilt quilted on the pattern?

The quilt is beautiful can't wait to see what you do!

You could do the cc's in the pieced geese and outline the 'real' geese maybe adding some feather to them where appropriate and then do a water/sky meander in the sky areas again adding a goose or two with the thread...I love this pattern! Oh never mind about the thread geese that would take away from the classic "V" formation that is there.

Heather, That is a really cool pattern. Can't wait to see how you finish it. By the way, do you know the name or company of the pattern. We have lots of Canadian geese that hang out near me and I'd love to make one for a special friend. Thanks much.:D Dar

My Mom has made 3 of these. One for my nephew, one for a drawing for Ducks Unlimited who the nephew is on the board of and then the man who quilted them said "If you make me one I'll quilt the others for nothing." He made up a panto with flying geese, clouds, geese setting on the water and water reeds. All 3 were super.

• 2 months later...

Archived