Any Ideas?? It almost hurts my eyes!!

Those are made with one of those "X" block rulers. I have one of those rulers and have started an "X" block, but haven't gotten very far. Yet another UFO!!

Quiltiing? Well, its pretty busy. Maybe follow the lines in the first outside cream border and do some sort of cross-hatch? I don't have many ideas for the center, except maybe and E2E effect of some sort?

That is an X-Blocks pattern called Mo's Basket. I made another X-Block pattern called Venetian Tiles but the quilting would be very different as I did pineapple looking quilting in my blocks (wouldn't work for this one). No quilting ideas for you, but I'm sure somebody will come up with something spectacular. Good luck.

Hi LinneaMarie,

No expert here, but I would like to suggest the following....

Something soft in the Borders, like feathers or flowers, to soften the quilt and complement the fabric. The "woven" design in the centre should be strengthened - either with straight lines or echoing serpentine lines weaving in and out and under and over following the solid "lines".

If you have enough space in the rhombus shapes, maybe a stylised daisy- like flower or line dancing?

The small inside border I would stitch in the ditch and leave as a place for the eyes to have a little rest.

I am sure the real experts will come online and let you have some really good ideas.

Good luck!! The quilter should have made this with metallic red fabrics ----- that would really have played with your/our heads then! This is a great psychedelic design and not one for the faint hearted or those that might have celebrated a little too hard the night before!!;):D

Have a great day,

Very nice Heidi - similar ideas to what I had in mind. Normally angles require softening, but this quilt already has so much movement in it, do you really want more? To me it it seems to need containment and reigning in. I like Heidi's contrast of straight lines and feathers to propel the optical illusion of the colours weaving in and out.

I am sure whatever you decide LinneaMarie it will be beautiful as your work always is!

Cheers,

CJ I have a tablet and it allows me to doodle right on the photo using paint. I love it! There are plug in tablets you can get too that hook up to a regular computer. I know several of the gals on the forum have them. I think they are called Bamboo tablets. My whole computer screen is a touch screen so I can doodle with ease. It is the perfect way for me to preview my quilting ideas.

Archived