The over 50 brain

What happens to our brain after 50? Maybe it's just me but my over 50 brain is just not as with it as my over 40 year old brain was. Today was a prime example, I was talking to my dear ML on my cell phone (we got rid of our home phone) while stripping my bed and taking the sheets down to put them in the wash. I get off the phone with her and head to my millie determined to finish the quilt I'm working on TODAY. I go to set my phone on the cutting table as I always do so I can find it when it rings and ,you guessed it, no phone in my pocket. I look all over the house for the phone, no luck. It dawns on me that the phone might be in the washing machine but naaahh that would be a long shot after all it was IN MY HAND when I said good bye. So when I swithched the wash to the drier, yep, there it was at the bottom of the washer. Now how does stuff like this happen? It's not like the phone was in my pants pocket ant I washed the pants without checking the pockets. The phone was in my hand, and then it was missing and then it was in the washer. Jeeeshhh this over 50 brain I'm tell'in ya no more multi tasking for me. :(

I thought about putting the phone in the drier with the sheets lol. I did take the battery out and use the blow drier and tucked the phone in on a bed of rice so we'll see what happens. Maybe the phone fairy will bring me a new one tonight, or the rice fairy will fix the old one.

Silvia: I think u r right about water being a magnet for phones my DH has droped his in Lake Michigan twice, and the Atlantic once. Needless to say he was very amussed with my little foopah.

My cell phone took a trip through the spa...er...washer. I had not even missed it until unloading the washer and there it was! I thought sure it was dead...after all I had previously dropped it onto the garage floor. My daughter recommended taking the battery out and letting it air dry for several days. It has been fine in the several years since.

This is my first post as I am still a wannabe and am learning a lot!!

Pamela

The other day I drove off while talking on the phone. Before long I lost signal - it was the house phone. La,la,la, lala. I know things will get worse.

Yesterday I went to Books A Million and felt something scratching my lower leg. I bent over and reached just under the lower leg to scratch and 'viola there was a sock stuck inside my pants leg. Yes, red-faced.

Archived