My best buy in awhile - - - - -

I was at IKEA and found a really good buy and want to pass it on to those who may be able to use it. It's an aluminum frame with 4 wire baskets for storage. The frame is $4.99 and the baskets that go in it are $2.50 each so for $14.99 you have a great amount of storage for a small price. Height is 27 1/2" width is 17 1/2' depth is 21". Just wanting to let you know. Oh and you can stack 2 together, they supply the clips to anchor them. ;)

Below is the link where you can look at pictures. The frame is about half way down and the baskets are below that.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/secondary_storage/11466/

Before they put the one in Portland, OR, I had at least a 4 1/2 hr drive to the one in Renton, WA (outskirts of Seattle). For some reason they only put them in densely populated areas. When I go now (just an hr's drive) I really go with specifics in mind and on a list - and my charge card ready. ;)

Heidi, I know you are in NY, and there 2 or 3 in the Baltimore area, but unsure of NY.

Hi Chris - yes I have the plastic white drawers too, but one of the wider drawer units had so much weight in it from the fabric I had stored there, the drawers warped so that I couldn't open them, so I moved the fabric to the new wire drawers/baskets and the fabric won't fall through. I'm reusing the wide plastic drawer unit now for some thread storage. And my pre-wound bobbins take up almost 1 full drawer!!

Darlene - I remember your studio shot that you posted above and that is part of the reason that I got this. Just wanted something stronger that wouldn't warp with weight in the baskets. BTW, I sure wish I had that much wall space in my studio. 3 of my wall either have large windows or the french door into my family room. SIGH.... But I really like all the light that comes through my windows too. Just can't have it all!

Lisa, measure your longest panto and if it is less than 21", it would work, but then you would be rummaging thru them all the time to find the right one. There was a post today about storing panto's and several good options were given that may be a better choice for you. :)

Archived