flourescent blacklight bulbs

I got a good deal on the flourescent blacklight bulbs a while back (before my new Millie arrived with LED lights). Since I love a good deal I bought a lifetime supply!!! I gave acouple away to longarm friends and sold a few,but I still have several. It is apparent that I will not need them so I have decided to clear out a few things while I am setting up my new studio. Anyway to get to the point, I am going to MQX so I am willing to bring them with me for anyone who would like to buy one for $5.00. let me know so I bring enough if you are interested. First come first served until they are gone.:)

Lisa:)

Lisa, I'd like a couple. Yes, I have the new Millie with the LED lights, but I have customers who have the old-style Millies, so I will stock blacklight bulbs for them. I am not going to MQX, but I will be at MQS. Hopefully, we will be able to arrange your Beginner's Class before then? Just give me a call or drop me an e-mail. Hope you're having fun with your new Millie!!

Lisa: save some for me ONLY if you have some left after MQX. Not a big need for me.....

Someone correct me if I am wrong but The 2009 Lenni does not have a flourescent light I had a 2008 and it had a LED light with no blacklight capability.

Julia

I will be at MQX Tues through Sat as I have classes every day. I will check my schedule to see when I will be there Thursday so we can meet. They are the 12 flourescent tubes do not have them in front of me right now but I believe the letters are F8BL I think meaning F8 blacklight.

Lisa :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am not sure what you are asking.

I am by not means an expert so someone else might have a better response to your question.

Blacklight bulbs can be used with blacklight marking pencils or blacklight powder. It is not detectable to the regular eye but when you turn on the blacklight it flouresces.

Darlene Epp showed me another use for the blacklight. You can use the blacklight bulb when you are using your flourescent green/yellow rulers and the blacklight bulb really puts alot of light on the ruler. It is impressive how much it lights up the ditch.

If anyone else has any other uses for the blacklight bulbs or can answer Joy's question please do as I don't think I can answer it.

Thanks,

Hi

thanks lisa for the tip of the ruler in the ditch

I was asking what brands of cotton work under the blacklight

I have used a Bottom line, so fine and signature cotton but they don't show up. You must have to use glow in the dark or something like that

Thanks

Hi Joy

I know the white bottom line flouresces under the blacklight but as far as I know it is the only one of the bottom line threads that flouresce. Someone else told me that apparently the white Aurifil will flouresce also but I have not tried that for myself yet.

Sorry I did not understand what you were asking. Isn't it funny how sometimes the written word can get so misunderstood without the gestures etc that go along with the spoken word.

Hope that helps, if anyone else knows any cotton threads that flourese please feel free to add so we can all get a little smarter:)

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived