Not nearly enough chatter going on today!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Linda B!

This quilt was definitely spur of the moment....a spot opened up at a retreat and I jumped on it! It is for my daughter...I had made her a simple wallhanging with the kanji "love" symbol and the border is the Asian fabric that is the very center square of this quilt. I left myself plenty of wide open spaces for quilting. I am thinking sashiko circles in the background and sashiko stars in the mountains. I have some nice Japanese kanji symbols that I hope to use as quilting designs in the EXTRA WIDE borders! Funny when you are a machine quilter you design your quilt around the quilting! LOL

I'd love to see a picture of your quilt with the mountains facing inward!

Wow! these are all so beautiful! We show off customer quilts all the time here, I love it when you all chip in with your own....yummies galore! Keep 'em coming y'all! I lovin' these colors, they are so pretty!

And a ne mommy, too, how 'bout that? Congratulations Linda!

I know, Kenna, see what you started?? LOL! I think it's great! I quit quilting for others a while back, and now am very inspired to get some of my own finished. I am sending my Millie in to the factory for a tune up...can't wait to get started again! Thanks for all the eye candy, everyone!!

I have a custom quilt that is partly finished. All I have left is the wavy borders. I am surprised that y'all can's see it waving. I have used Bonnie's steam and starch and it helped some. I wish I would have just taken off the darned borders and fixed it but that would have been about the only thing on the quilt that would have been straight. Gotta love it!

Lynda B from cool Golden BC

Lisa -

I've made 2 DM's recently, here's a couple pictures with a different star in the center, plus turning the mountains towards the star. It's not quilted in these pictures - it's "in progress" .... :D:D. Because I was in a huge hurry to get this one done, in the open areas I just quilted a real fast/down'n dirty meander to nail it down with piano key to the borders....

Wish I had taken pictures of the quilting for show'n'tell....This has been so much fun to see everyone's projects, this is why we all bought our big machines.....we can plan the quilting on our own quilts too.....

Sorry for the rambling....Let's see some pictures everyone....

2302441190014590774S500x500Q85.jpg

2858998640014590774S500x500Q85.jpg

A practice piece...friend was over earlier in the week--she has an older longarm...wants to get a "big girl" machine as she calls it! She loved Miss Looneygirl (Millenium) and played and played! I haven't put anything else on as I want to use the rest of it for practice too! Jane

Linda, That is beautiful! Quilts using 2-3 colors are so dramatic, don"t you think? They just grab my eye every time.

Ok, now let's see some pics of something you have coming up that you all are looking forward to getting to do. One of the reasons we love this is the quilts that really turn us on and get our imaginations going. Of all the quilts, with all their problems, and all the thread or customer issues I know that you must have something that is coming up in the line up that you will be thrilled to play with. Yours or a customers, doesn't matter. Show us and tell us about it!

I have a problem with my Millie it will not stop.... first it was locking up changed the motor burshes and it ran great for about 15 minutes then when I tried to turn it off it just kept on stitching. A couple of extra stitches is one thing but this just keeps on

stitching HELP......

Originally posted by Gloria Byers

I have a problem with my Millie it will not stop.... first it was locking up changed the motor burshes and it ran great for about 15 minutes then when I tried to turn it off it just kept on stitching. A couple of extra stitches is one thing but this just keeps on

stitching HELP......

Gloria, call APQS main office and talk to the techncians. They can help you!

When I get done painting my sewing room, I might as well paint the bathroom as it has been on my list also. After all, I will be wearing paint anyway. Anyone want to come sand sheetrock. I guess I was a little heavy handed with the mud, so it may take an extra day to sand away the extra. YUCK!!!

Okay Linzi I would love to paint for you, however, you have to convince my husband I need the trip!!!!!:P:P

Shirley

Archived