Not nearly enough chatter going on today!!

Newbie Progress Update:

Today marks my two week anniversary with Lenni...I have made several lap quilts with 2 yard cuts of coordinating fabrics for the top and backing using different battings and threads. I just removed a lovely lap quilt for my step daughter who is having back surgery next week. I used Sue Schmieden's Butterflies and Loops panto and am very proud of this one. Beautiful stitching throughout! Today I need to hand sew the binding on and finish it up. My sales reps, Gretchen and David, will be here Saturday to give Lenni the once over and make sure we have it set up appropriately and assist with a few questions I have. Possibly next week I will load one of my pieced tops. This week I purchased a large dry erase board for practicing free hand designs as I want to learn free motion quilting. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Maureen

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, everyone is very busy! Love the lighthouse, I can tilt my netbook screen and it changes the contrast on the screen to make things brighter or darker. The colors on that are bright and beautiful! That is such a cute design, I can't wait to see the whold thing!

Kristina, can we see your progressas you play on the satin? That is always such a beautiful fabric to quilt on.

Linda, love the greek key on that balck and white! Very contemporary. Your customer must have a room design that will knock your socks off! Is that for a decorator?

Maureen, Hope the surgery goes well, back pain is no fun! Glad you are getting along with Lenni so well. Now we need pics!!

Shiela, how rotton that you got sick, that sounds like a fun trip! I always 2anted to learn to ski. Unfortunately this RA hit me before I could even try it. Bumme! Hope you and DH are all better soon.

Kay, Connie, Anna, Matt, and anyone else out there! We need pics! We are getting way too stingy here!

Anyone have something with a little Spring Time in it? We have Bluebonnets starting to bloom around here. I LOVE Bluebonnets!

Good morning, I have been "lurking". Sorry for that, but I read lots of your posts and see what is going on with you all. I have been piecing this behemoth of a Quilt for our bed, it is gorgeous Batiks, and perhaps an unlikely color combination, but the overall is absolutely stunning. I do need ideas for quilting, this will be "custom".

post--13461903769368_thumb.jpg

Monika, it is stunning! Wish I could share some custom quilting idea's, but I am new myself. I love batiks and also have a top pieced in batiks waiting to be quilted. I look forward to the forum expert suggestions!

A question I have on quilting batiks is the appropriate needle size to use when using YLI varigated thread which I had purchased prior to buying my Lenni. I've read Batiks are best quilted with a 3.5 due to the tightly woven nature of this fabric, tho also read that YLI varigated thread runs best with a 4.5...if this is the case, I may need to reconsider using the YLI and would appreciate your insight on the best type of thread to use.

Thanks, Maureen

Originally posted by ckeindl

Sharon:

That teddy bear is adorable, did you design it yourself! Looks like a fun quilt to quilt from the front, just take deep breaths now and then! Photos when you're done!

Hi Cathy,

I got this from The Quilter Magazine, March 2009 issue. I believe the pattern is "Bear Hugs" by Heidi Pridemore. I did it all in flannels and added an extra border.... wishing now I would have cut the bear from minky... would have been so cuddly! I bought a cheap little appliqued quilt on ebay to practice stitching around applique, just put it on the frame last night.... so hopefully by the time I get that one done I'll have the courage to quilt this cutey from the front!

Monika, I love your quilt! can't wait to see it finished!

Nothing on the frame. Just got back from Spring break trip with my GKs to New Orleans and Mobile. The weather was fantastic compared to the seven inches of snow they were getting at home. The kids didn't want to go home and I have to admit, neither did I.

Nothing right now going to put another QOV (quilts of valor) quilt on - that will make a total of 24 so far this year.

My mother in law in involved with QOV Perham, MN chapter and we (my DH is quilting some too) have been doing alot of the quilting for them. Their chapter has chartered a bus to take them to Fort Knox Hosptial in May so they can hand deliver quilts to all of the patients there.

Not exactly on my frame...it was...then I had to take it off and cut 2 2/3" of of 2 borders. The inner sashings and corner blocks are stretch so they are at home spritzed, starched...and relaxing until I get home from work. You can see pictures on my blog.....:mad:

Rebecca, very nice quilting!!!

Linda R, your Greek keys are perfect! Did you mark them?

Alas, I have nothing on my frame. I am taking my Millie off the frame today to send her to the factory for a tune up. Can't wait to quilt when I get her back! I have several of my own waiting.

For those who asked, the Greek keys on the black and white were are

being stitched using a small pattern board Den made for me especially for this quilt.

What a guy!

We have our thirtieth wedding anniversary on the 28th.

He's all trained up after all the years--but then he says the same about me!!

He still introduces me as his "first wife".:P

Just got the call from Heidi that my new Millenium is coming Thursday morning ! Yeahhhh. Can't wait to start playing with it. I've been using my HQ16 for a few years and learning some long arm techniques, but now ready to move on up and do some quilting for customers.

I have been reading all the posts about the Circle Lord and you have me sold. Might have to wait and save up a few more Social Security checks first - especially after I pay for te Milli !

Question: How do you get your pretty signatures on your posts? All I can get is the plain print. I tried to copy/paste something in, but it didn't seem to work.

Thanks !

Archived