Just finished classes with Jessica and DeLoa and Dave!!!

Wow! Gloria and I just completed 3 days with Dave, DeLoa and Jessica down in Baton Rouge with Sandra (The Quilt Corner). It was like a course at the University! My head was like a balloon filling up and filling up and almost ready to pop! Dave taught us how to do maintence on our machines. I bought the "Castle" and the "Boomerang" from DeLoa and 2 of her books. Jessica is just the prettiest and sweetest thing possible and her talent just oozes out every pore. Judy, who works with Sandra, helped select fabric for me for a new project and Sandra gave us all sorts of goodies (I got WONDERFUL patterns) in gift bags. I found an Easter Egg and got 5 free fat quarters!!!! And we stayed in Pam's Quilty House and boy do we love Pam French. "Hey, Ellen, you are a doll!!!!" Yall don't do this again until I save up enough money to come. The drive is easy and the company is devine!! We love you guys!!!! I am attaching a "quick study" we did on the long arm as we were studying how to do art quilts and thread painting. This took about 15 minutes. So fun!!! sandra had paints and pencils and fabrics and film and Angelina and ...........!!!!!!

post--13461903776107_thumb.jpg

I love your quilt sample too........and I would love to take some classes from Jessica!! I have taken classes from Deloa and she is WONDERFUL!! So I am sure Jessica would be too and I would love to be able to have some of her quilting rub off onto me.....LOL.

Yes, yall, I am excited! It is just too hard to translate how thrilled I was by the classes and by the folks. No one ever told me Sandra was a hoot 24-7! She is a smart hoot which makes it even better!!!! :P DeLoa and Sandra are such a combination!!! :P Heidi, I wish I could afford to come to NY to do it all over again. Imagine what I could learn the second time around!!!!! Heidi, I asked Deloa if you were as pretty in person as your picture is on the forum and she said you were. ;) All you girlies, when you can, take the classes!!! I am so empowered! I am glad you all like my quick study- here it wasn’t so much about the quilting as the medium. Ooh la la!!! :P:P:P

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Yes, yall, I am excited! It is just too hard to translate how thrilled I was by the classes and by the folks. No one ever told me Sandra was a hoot 24-7! She is a smart hoot which makes it even better!!!! :P DeLoa and Sandra are such a combination!!! :P Heidi, I wish I could afford to come to NY to do it all over again. Imagine what I could learn the second time around!!!!! Heidi, I asked Deloa if you were as pretty in person as your picture is on the forum and she said you were. ;) All you girlies, when you can, take the classes!!! I am so empowered! I am glad you all like my quick study- here it wasn’t so much about the quilting as the medium. Ooh la la!!! :P:P:P

Sylvia yes Sandra is a hoot and one of the kindest most generous people you can meet! Deloa is too kind! This is actually a really good picture of me...I don't look like this all the time! Actually packed on 20 lbs over the winter and thanks to the doctor who told me no working out :mad::mad::mad:! Even my mother says, "wow is that you? It looks like it was taken 10 years ago!" Gotta love her.

Sandra, when do you want to come? I have 2 extra bedrooms so you can bring someone and Gloria can be our cook 'cause she actually likes to do it. Then I can take you to Gloria's and she can show you her enormous dog and her chickens - the real ones, not like DeLoa's. Then you can see me making coffee!

Archived