Chocolate, mint & cream....sunshine

Golly, April.. I really don't know what I'd do. You could play a lot in the two print borders, think I'd use SID in the pieced border and corners.. and the spikes around the sun.. and the eyes and lips.. what else I'd do there???? maybe radiating lines from the center out leaving a small space in the center to become it's nose??

The flames from the sun could be feathers, ferns, something with a bit of texture and curves in them.. Behind the sun, I'm totally stumped.. Can't be anything too pronounced or it will detract from the sun..

I'm sure others will give a good idea..... maybe a crosshatch.. ?

RitaR

April, I really, really love this quilt. I collect sun wallhangings in different metals that can hang on the wall. Could you possibly tell me where this pattern is from? I've never seen anything like this and would love to do it up. This is definitely going in my favs!

As far as quilting, I would think SID and lightly quilt the sun (if really necessary) and the features on the face. Then background quilt (perhaps McTavishing) around the sun to make the sun stand out.

Love it, love it, love it. :D

April that is just too cute! I really like your borders too. I would SID around the sun, quilt the eyes, mouth and quilt in a nose. In the Rays just do a large echo as I think it would be too big an area to leave undone. In the background behind the sun rays would be a perfect choice (IMHO). In the geese blocks I would either cc or some other kind of continuous line design. In the busy background I would do something swirly. In the outside border I would SID all of it, cc the squares and do echoed straight lines in the rectangular parts. It will be even more gorgeous once quilted.

April,

I think Heidi meant it to have a comma after sun. for example,

"In the background behind the sun, rays would be a perfect choice (IMHO)." WHAT would be perfect behind the rays???

She is saying that rays would be great in the background behind the sun, I think.

I had to read it a couple of times to "get it"

BTW, I love the quilt.

Michelle in SW MO

April, I think Michell e is right. Use the lines of the actual rays and extend them on out to the first border. I would do some cc's or a Terry Twist type pattern in the 2 pieced borders, CH in the paisley border and SID around all the borders to help define them, leaving the skinny borders without any quilting in them, and SID around the sun itself. I think that you have the face of the sun figured out. I can't wait to see this when you are fiished so be sure to post pics. ;)

Archived