Claudia's Quilt wins big!!!

marybeth -

do you enjoying teasing us or do you think you could put up the pics for all of us to see? what is the quilt we are talking about...is it cordoba?

i'm confused...which is not in itself astonishing, however, give a girl a break and 'splain!!! ot at least throw us an eye candy link!

She just likes to tease us cuz she knows more stuff than we do. It's her MO. Get used to it. ;)

And MB, how is Claudia's quilt description "novel" coming for MQS? I heard that they set aside 15 minutes on the evening's agenda to accommodate reading it.

Oh and joking aside, CONGRATULATIONS, CLAUDIA!!!

Originally posted by LauraJ

I'll get to see it too then - yippee. You are a big teaser MB. Starting to get excited now about going to MQS.

Have a great time, Laura! We'll have to get together when you get back so we can compare MQX/MQS notes....... and photos.

Meg,

Actually, Claudia always wants me to write her quilt description for her MQS quilt, then she does an Audation Auction Qulit that I also write up....but last year we (Donna - aka Sam's Mom and I) put a lot of "BS" (Claudia's term) as the auction quilt description. Poor Mark (the auctioneer) layed his head down on the podium because it took so long to read. It was so funny!! Anywho, when Claudia gets her quilt pieced she sends me pictures - so I have had pics of this one since about January or February. I wrote up a description and emailed it back to her.

Then I am required to keep my big trap shut until she enters the quilt into the show. So far I have not posted pictures....mostly because I want to keep this relationship going :D I think Claudia would kill me if I posted pictures before MQS. Humm....since it has alread won in a show, I wonder if we could find pictures on the internet???

I can tell you....it is awesome and I can't wait to see it in the flesh! Claudia is an awesome quilter and if you ever get a chance to take her classes, do it!

Claudia, this is fantastic! Congratulations!

And I've seen just now that Edith's quilt (quilted by Claudia!) won the APQS award this year! Another round of applause to the two of you!

I can't wait to see Cordoba in person at MQS this year - I have been fortunate enough to have seen a picture of this great quilt in the OEQC show catalog. But we all know that one has to experience Claudia's quilts face to face.

Oh, and by the way, Claudia is vending at that show. I don't know if and how frequently she'll have Internet access - this should explain why she hasn't joined in this thread yet...

Best,

Birgit (whose quilt "Kansas Winter Stars" has won 2nd place in the same category and right behind Claudia!)

congrats to you, too, birgit. that is wonderful news!

mb - no wonder she wants you to write her quilt description....clearly, you have the BS gift.

and a true gift it is...has gotten me out of many a lucy ricardo moment. ;)

the image of this auctioneer lying his head down in frustration is too funny. :P

the fact remains that you use said gift to be deviously creative in taunting the forum. i like it :cool:

I just came back from the award ceremony......and found this new thread!

Thanks MaryBeth......;)

Are you curious??????

Ok......you will be able to find a picture of Cordoba on the website of OEQC....open european quiltchampionschips ( so .....americans are inivited to enter their quilts too!!!!!)

so......I might publish a picture here as well......

Please have a look...... it´s different;):cool:

Gone sleeping.....

Claudia

post--13461904026767_thumb.jpg

As the theme of MQS is "South of the border" it means for me personally - as a european - Spain or Italy.

I used a picture of the " Mezquita" in Cordoba/Spain to design the center!

The Meszquita is a mosque( moorish church) out of the 9th century!!!!! >>>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Mosque_of_C%C3%B3rdoba

The colours were inspired by terracotta( do you have such an expression????) wall and floor tiles!

More next times....;)

Gone sleeping after a busy day at the show!

Claudia

Archived