Mine will be here Friday!

SandraG

Now of I could just get hubby and DD and DSIL to take a weekend trip!

They had lots of plans to spend time in Venice this summer fishing and crabbing. Well that is "blown out of the water" so to speak. Summer coastal fishing will not be happening this year. We will even be rationing the gulf shrimp in our freezer!

Hopefully we can avoid a hurricane this year. I wonder if it would be safe to run my machines on a generator? NOT -- aha -- but I do have two hand crank machines and a couple of treadles for emergencies (like 10 days without power).

Sandra

Originally posted by SandraG

Now of I could just get hubby and DD and DSIL to take a weekend trip!

They had lots of plans to spend time in Venice this summer fishing and crabbing. Well that is "blown out of the water" so to speak. Summer coastal fishing will not be happening this year. We will even be rationing the gulf shrimp in our freezer!

Hopefully we can avoid a hurricane this year. I wonder if it would be safe to run my machines on a generator? NOT -- aha -- but I do have two hand crank machines and a couple of treadles for emergencies (like 10 days without power).

Sandra

you guys have really been pounded with disasters down there. i cant imagine what it must be like. i've been sending good thoughts and keeping everyone down there, especially my quilty friends, in my prayers. seems like you guys are due for a break.

you better hope for no hurricanes, cause once you get rolling with the qz, you wont want to stop.

which other accessories did you get?

Kristina, I got the package -- thank you --

Heidi -- it is going to be real bad -- I am not a big animal lover but the pictures of the dead sea turtles just got to me -- you can see them at foxnews.com

The oil spill will have so many repercussions on the rest of the nation. Goods are going to increase in price and be harder to get. Gas will go up of course and the barrier reefs will be devastated.

Cindy, cook? I don't do that. I have allergies to the kitchen. I married a Cajun so he does the cooking!

Now I just have to find time to quilt!

Sandra

My DH is going to Canada fishing later this month...........for 10 whole days !!!! :P I am looking forward to having the time all to myself to quilt up a storm. I am on call for jury duty this quarter, so just my luck I will get called and be stuck in a stuffy courtroom instead. :(

Sandra,

So sad. I've been seeing the pictures and I know this is just the beginning. I sure hope that they get the oil flow to stop and get it cleaned up. I'm praying that the weather cooperates and doesn't push more your way!

Hubby left this morning for 4 days so no cooking at night! Now maybe I can get this quilt done. Still waiting on the thread from you and praying it is waiting for me when I get home. If it isn't then I guess I get to do something for myself!

Sandra--be prepared to have fun--once you start useing the tracing templates as they come--your mind starts to think up ways to embellish them--and you look at everything in a whole new light.

Enjoy--and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Hi Sandra, so happy for you, and you will have loads of fun. It is so versatile by itself. I doubt it will be very long before you order the spiro. It is addictive.

Enjoy and let us see some picts when you get to practicing.

Ritar

SandraG I bet you order the spiro sooner than later.. it's the bang in the set up..

Be careful what long boards you buy, some of them are a bit too long for the QZ, so you will need to find a start and stop point that keeps the pattern aligned.

Ritar

Archived