Bitter/Sweet day....update

Update:

Thanks everyone for your kind replies. It was a wonderful day, we all shed a tear or two and a lot of hugs. It was strange not having Sharon there in body, but you could feel her there in spirit. Joe just loved the quilts and told me who was getting which quilt. It really was a lovely day.

.........................................................................................

Today Randy and I are meeting Sharon's husband, Joe, and returning all the quilts that I have finished for him.

Nine in total, 4 that she had cut out and I pieced and quilted, 3 that were tops and are now quilts, and 2 suprises.

This has been a long journey, but a healing one. I was so glad to be the one to finish what she left undone. I've learned a huge lesson too. I don't want my family to ever have to scramble to find someone to finish my quilts.

SO, I am taking this vow! I will finish my UFO pile this year!!

LOL and start a new one for next year. ROFLOL.

if there were treatment facilities for chronic UFOers - my dh would check me in. but not to worry, one of my boys would pick me up for the breakout and ensuing trip to the lqs. either that - or they woulod sneak me in some contraband - uncut fabric and my pattern binder. we could start a series on cable titled 'It's Me or the Rotary Cutter'. :P:D:P:D

Penny - you will always be blessed by all you did for your friend and her family. Your story touched me and I will be thinking of you today. I'm sure her family will be thrilled with all you have done for them...and how beautiful your work is. Good luck.

Penny, what a special journey you have been on. I'm sure it has brought you joy and sorrow all mixed together. Do you realize how special each of those quilts are, how they will affect the people who receive those quilts. I often think about where my quilts will be a hundred years from now, who will hold them, who will know the story behind them. I think these quilts will tell their story for many, many years to come. Awesome :cool:

I suppose the alternative is to keep an up to date list of quilters who can finish your work for your family. Quilts from beyond the grave are very special to families so if they can just use your contacts list they will be able to get a really special gift, and you don't need to feel guilty about UFO's and you are supporting your quilting buddies. Everyone wins.

Ferret

Archived