All My Roudy Friends

It was so great to meet so many forum friends from both MQR and APQS at the show in Kansas City this week. It was like meeting up with sisters that I haven't "seen" in so long. The avatar pictures on the forums help me to recognize you more than the names! I do recommend that the show producers put our forum names onto the name cards...I did my own and it helped others recognize me easier. Although I enjoyed the classes and awards show and auction, just sitting around the tables and talking was my favorite activity. Hope to see youi all again soon.

Guest Linda S

I really hope to come and meet you all at MQS next year. I think I'll do MQS and MQX West next year instead of MQX East. It really is the BEST to meet your on-line friends in person. I'm glad you enjoyed it Barb! Hope to see you next year!

I was working that day and didn't know about the dinner. Would have been great fun. I met many of the forum members later but it did make me think that i really really need to post photo on the my ID. Now those of you who have really old photos on line think about updating them. What you looked like 20 years ago might not allow one of us to recognize you now. You just might be more beautiful now!!! Time builds character you know and it shows. jeri

Super fun. I loved getting to meet so many of our group face-to-face; having so many friends around really enhanced the show experience. I think we should have an APQStable like that for ALL quilt shows. I agree with Jeri about the avatars, and will try to get a picture soon.

I had so much fun putting faces with names with avatars....and thank you all for looking like your avatars!! ;) Sometimes people take a picture from 20 years ago and then you have no idea who they are when you meet them in real time! :D By the way, everyone here is so very nice....it is great to be a part of this wonderful chat group.

The best part of attending MQS was getting to meet all the wonderful forum gals! And yes, the avatars were very helpful. Linnea Marie, your avatar is on your camera so just get it posted now! :D Sherri Butler, you promised a new one, too. Patty Jo, you let your hair grow a little longer so I apologize for not recognizing you. :o So many people and new friends, classes, activities, lack of sleep, the brain just couldn't compute! :P Hugs for all of you. DH is on notice that next year I'm going to MQS for the entire week. :P:P:P

Hi everyone,

It was nice putting smeeting so many of you in person. I truely had a great time and would love to go again next year.

I am stuck at the airport for quite some time, apparently my plane from Dallas broke down and the flight has been cancelled. They are trying to find me another flight so it could be a while.

I hope everyone else who had flights home has had better luck than I have.

I hear what you are all saying about the avatars and i agree, I just really really hate my picture beeing taken. When I get home I will work on getting a picture up.

For anyone who might be wondering if I got on the plane with my Quilter's Rule yardstick. I did!!! I think they were beeing nice because my plane was cancelled.

I guess it was all they could do seeing as I was at the airport at 6:30 AM (4:30 AM my time!!!!) and I really didn't need to be......

next year I am flying out of Spokane.

Live and learn,

Lisa

a

Thanks Sherri,

You are such a whirlwind of energy, if I hang out with you

more next time will you share some of that with me!!! I really enjoyed meeting you too!!!!

Thanks for the well wishes for a good flight, hopefully I will hear soon as to how and when I am getting home.

Lisa:)

Oh Bunny, next time you go to MQS or any other show where forum folks might be - GO TO THE TABLE. It was hugs for a lot and laughs with all. I have a new twin sister - Linnea (only because we're both the shortest.) I think I started talking with a twang 'cause of Grammy Tammie and everyone else with a lovely "southern" accent.

Lisa,

I am so glad to hear you made it on the plane with your yardstick ruler. I wondered how you would manage that. Hopefully you are safely at home now. It was so nice to meet you and share a table at the Elephant Bar with you and Donna S. Dar

Tracye,

It was great to meet you, and you actually look like your avatar. I agree with everyone who has mentioned the avatar's need updating.

The group I came down with has already booked out rooms for next year! We might even be adding another person to our group -- currently have 7 next year could be 8.

Time to go and ppp.

I had a blast meeting everyone! The APQS group is so friendly... we just look at the name to put a face to it and "Puff" instant friends. Love it when life works that way.

After meeting a quilter (not an APQS friend) for all of 45 seconds, I jumped in the car with her and went to a local quilt shop, we had so much fun. My two room mates left Saturday and I was at MQS until Sunday, so no room for me. I was just going to booked one for the night... met Lisa Newman and 15 minutes later I'm her room mate for the night. (thank you Lisa, I had a fun night).

I am finally back at home and yes, Mary Beth it would have been much better if they had put a quilt shop in the airport!!!

I got in at 1:00AM so it was a really really long day. I had planned on sleeping in yesterday, but my daughter woke me up bright an early to take her to her interview for College in the fall. So today is the first day I have had a chance to even walk into my studio. Can you tell I haven't even looked at my machine, I am busy on the chat. Guess I should turn on the Mille and shut off the computer. Like that will happen.

I just wanted to let everyone know how much of a great time I had. You were all so kind and openhearted. You all make a girl feel welcome and for that you should be proud.

Thanks everyone, I just hope I can go again next year!!!

Thanks and TTYL

Lisa:)

Lisa,

Next year, you should drive down to my place and spend the night, then the next day we'll fly out of Spokane together. We can pick up a rental car - NOT from Payless, but that's a whole 'nother post :mad: - and be travel buds for the week. And when I come up to install your new Bliss system, I will bring my camera - if you don't have a photo avatar yet, we'll get one with your Millie!

Catherine - I'll do the same for you in July!

Archived